“A place to pamper yourself”
Review of Amo Bistrot

Amo Bistrot
Reserve a Table
Sun, 9/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #26 of 1,443 Restaurants in Verona
Description: Lovely spot in the center of Verona, just 50 meters from Piazza Erbe. Part of Doitbettergroup, who is a sinonymous of quality, service and historical restaurants in Verona. New concept of bistrot with traditional italian dishes with a fusion touch. You can come also to drink a glass of wine, and eat a small cicchetto (tipical veronese tapas) in our garden or in the new fashion lounge. Very interesting lunch menù with resonable price. Waiting for you
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

We have been there for dinner, having a reservation, sitting outside in a small patio, really nice. We had some noodles as first course, spaghetti with mussels, great and fine, and pastrami local style, really great, too. Second course was spaghetti carbonara style and octopus with mashed violet potatoes, which also was fine. They suggested a white wine Lugano style, this matched nearly perfect. The service was fast at the beginning, afterwards a little bit uninterested (which was the only thing to blame for this evening). We spent around 80 € for the whole meal, which was very good value for money. We will come back here if we would have the chance...

1  Thank Mchenchef
Write a reviewReviews (373)

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Went to Amo during our visit to Verona. The venue is lovely, unfortunately the outside was full so we were inside for thr evening.

I had the pigs check carbanora which was delicious, although very rich towards the end. The ragu was great as well, with a mixture of beef, pork and duck.

The knowledgeable staff recommended a delicious bottle of wine to go with out meal.

Unfortunately where Amo let's itself down is desert.

They have a tiramisu which they try to do there own take on, but there is absolutely no coffee flavour to it, kind of essential! So ended up with pastry and whipped cream.

The souffle? It's not a souffle. Souffle should be light and fluffy, this was a very dense cake, served with half a dozen different flavoured creams.

If they sorted the deserts out this would be a great place.

Reviewed July 5, 2019

My wife and I were on holiday in Verona and by complete coincidence so was my best man and his wife. They had visited Verona many times and suggested we meet for drinks at Amo. It was a relaxed trendy place. We had a few drinks we ordered some small dishes which were bigger than tapas. It was an ok place

Reviewed July 4, 2019

My wife and I thought we had made reservations at Amo Bistrot for dinner on a Saturday night, but apparently some glitch in the system had shifted our reservations to Sunday. Fortunately, that was not a problem as the restaturant was not very busy that night, and we were seated promptly. The restaturant itself is a bit difficult to find as the sign in relatively small and it appears at first that you are entering through a takeout counter. The food and wine, however, was quite good, although not what I would call excellent. However, the service was outstanding -- very friendly and the suggestions were spot on. Worth a try if you are in Verona and looking for dining somewhere other than the ristorantes on the piazze.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

I had one dinner to eat here in Verona and I’m glad I ate it here. I was pleased to find something Italian but much more than the tired pizza and pasta fare. I ended up ordering three courses here and was not disappointed.
An amuse-bouche of gazpacho was refreshing. The ceviche with chili and mango was a delight. The spaghetti with clams was simple and satisfying. The “tiramisu” was surprising and gone too soon.
The servers were all very friendly and attentive.
Overall a good value for the price if you are looking for a memorable meal in Verona.

Date of visit: June 2019