“Excellent Location and Service”
Review of B&B Il Ghiro

B&B Il Ghiro
Ranked #87 of 432 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed for three nights and we were so lucky to stay with Stella . She made us completely at home and couldn't help enough if made an inquiry or sought her advice. The location is excellent and the food is fine. We would heartily recommend this for your stay in Verona, Tom & Aine Taaffe

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom_Taaffe

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The location is in a quiet part of town but with easy access to both the train station and town (both less than 20 mins walk). The hosts were very warm and welcoming and with helpful hints on what to do and where to eat (and with very good english). The breakfast was also an ample and delicious start to long days sight seeing. A fantastic B&B, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I have been visiting this wonderful B&B annually for the last three years and hope to do so for years to come. The decor is fun and funky; the owners have an art gallery and you feel the influence at their home. There are only two bedrooms, so sharing a bath was never a problem, and there is a nice separation from the main part of the apartment. The beds are comfortable, the rooms clean and the location convenient to both the center and the train station. But the best part of staying there is visiting with the hosts. Stella has always made us feel incredibly welcome and we enjoy her stories of traveling around the world. Her recommendations on where to eat and visit in the city have been incredibly helpful. I can't say enough good things about this place...

Room Tip: There are only two rooms. One is a little smaller but has a balcony. Both are extremely comfortabl...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have traveled in 23 countries. This wonderful B&B will meet all your needs and delight you as well. Stella and Francesco are very, very friendly, helpful, and as genuine as you could ever ask for. Stella studied languages, so you can relax about communications. Everything is extra clean, comfortable, and has a decor that is special and unique. Just to illustrate how fine Stella and Fransesco are, she drove us to the train station. Il Ghiro e Multi Bene!! No hesitation in recommending it! Will stay there again, the travel gods permitting.

Room Tip: Two rooms, both just right.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband, my parents and I booked the two rooms at B&B Il Ghiro for two nights in July 2012. How much did we love it? So much that I when digging through emails almost 8 months later I realized I had forgotten to post the gushing review I had planned to write. That is how comfortable and welcome Stella makes you feel: like she is immediately family. She goes out of her way to make your stay special so I want to go out of my way to let people know what a little gem this place is.

Il Ghiro is a little bit of a walk from the city (maybe 20 minutes to the arena, but it is a pleasant and easy walk. Stella gave us great recommendations of what to do in the city and gave us a bit of a feel for the history and culture of the city. She was full of useful tips and information. The restaurant she recommended for dinner was some of the best food we had in Italy (and that is something remarkable). The rooms were clean, spacious, and full of great art (her husband is in the art business, if I recall) and character. Breakfast was wonderful.

What more can I say? We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely. One has a balcony if that matters to you. I think it was the green one. Bu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thanks to staying in Il Ghiro in Verona I have changed my opinion regarding B&B.
It is extraordinary (in the finest sense of the word) flat - room is cosy, smart and has daring wall color (red or light green), very clean bathroom, creative and 50s-60s furnitured dining room, there are so much books everywhere.
Very tasty breakfast (coffee or tea, joughurts, jams, toast, fruits) prepared at what time you prefer,served on snow-white tablecloth decorated with embroidering.
Chatting with hostess Stella, recommendations regarding what to visit in Verona and neighbouring towns, how to reach them, providing with map and interesting routes and even seeing off at the station.
Such details and of course Stella welcoming, guest oriented allows you to feel at home in Il Ghiro:)
One cannot note the location of Il Ghiro - it is not far from Verona Porta Nuova railway station (it was advantage because we travelled through italy and Verona was one of the points on the route).
It is situated in quite and safe district with pretty terraced houses with gardens or smth like these. Verona city center (e.g. Castelveccio, Arena) is on 10-15 minutes walking distance.
Definitely recommend!
Elena

Room Tip: Red room with window
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We only spent one day in Verona for our entire Italy trip, but had a really nice stay with Il Ghiro. The room is colorful, comfortable and private. The host, Stella, is nice and warmly welcomed us. She gave some great advice on moving around the city and also treated us a wonderful breakfast on the other morning. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple