“Food poisoning”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fancy menu but disappointing food - last night of holidays spoiled by food poisoning. Ordered spagetti with seafood which only included mussels: food was lukewarm but more significantly made me severely ill for the following 24 hours during which time I had to travel by bus, train & plane in a very fragile state.
We were also offered a free taster of tiramisu at the end of the meal which subsequently appeared on our bill. An unfortunate end to one of the best holidays ever - we still love Verona and Italian food!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,520)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Sat here for dinner last night. Got seated at a tiny table and asked to be moved as we just didn’t have enough leg room. So he moved us to a table on the street. Ok same size table but at least I could have leg room. Next thing I fell off the chair. There was a drain/vent behind my chair and when I moved (see picture) the leg of the chair went into the drain and I fell off. They gave me ice and kept saying - not our fault! - not our fault! Of course it’s your fault if you put a chair there. I have a fine bruise this morning. We left as we were not impressed and after reading all these reviews I’m glad we left. So beware if you are eating there. Keep an eye on the drains. See picture

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

We came here for lunch and whist the food (we had pasta and salad) was very nice, from the outset the service was quite pushy. We we asked what water did we want rather than did we want water. The waiter tried to encourage us to go for a more expensive pasta dish and when we said we wanted salad, before we could say we wanted the cheaper green salad, the waiter was suggesting a more expensive salad. We got given a second plate of bread without asking for it. With our meal we had a half litre of the house white wine which was lovely. The waiter said it was a Tuscan Chardonnay.

The outside tables at this restaurant are tiny which made for a slightly uncomfortable experience. At one point, when the salad arrived on a huge rectangular plate (why not piled up in a smaller round bowl?) I thought I would have to put my plate on my lap! With some careful reorganising of every thing on the table, I managed to fit my pasta bowl on the table but to the side and not in front of me.

The prices at this restaurant were on the high side and I don't think they justified the overall experience Would we go back? Probably just for a drink.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Avoid. Complacent, uncomfortable, over priced and badly executed food and drink experience. Used to be very good.

If you are content to be patronised, ripped off, disappointed and remain hungry in a city with so many great food and drink options then eat here. Otherwise avoid and avert a waste of your time and money.

By the way, Maitre D, if a woman hands you her card to pay the bill then would be an idea to hand it back to her rather than her male companion. Also, don't stand and chat to your charmless waiter colleagues leaving diners to lift chairs and tables so new diners arriving can actually sit at their allotted table.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank 21alwyna
Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

We are four friends decided to try something local and visited this place. Waiter was very kind and proposed us with some dishes. Also he dvised to try their local white and red wine, that was just perfect addition to the main course. I attached some of them. If u pass by, visit this place!

Date of visit: June 2019