“Best ravioli I've ever eaten!”
Review of Parma a Tavola

Parma a Tavola
Ranked #43 of 1,443 Restaurants in Verona
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Quirky little pasta restaurant with great service. The trio of ravioli is the best pasta I have ever tasted! Tagliatelle fresh and cooked to perfection. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,665)

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Whenever I write a review, I take a range of factors into account relative to the cost, reputation, expectations and type of establishment. As such, ratings are accordingly subjective.

The reviews of Parma a Tavola appeared excellent, and we wanted to try an authentic lasagne in Verona on our last evening here.

The restaurant is quite small, with only three or four tables downstairs. We didn't have a reservation, but that wasn't a problem. We were led upstairs into another dining area, which was surprisingly quiet for a weekend evening. The decor was unusual, in that the walls were covered in handwritten comments by guests from all over the world, giving the place a cosmopolitan and contemporary feel.

The room was stiflingly hot, although the air conditioning unit was turned off. Some of the diners went about tinkering with the unit and managed to get it working. Kind of...

The room was also deathly quiet, with no ambient music, despite there being a sound system installed. Now I abhor intrusive music during dinner, but the silence was quite disconcerting, leading to hushed conversation between guests.

We ordered two Cokes and a bottle of wine and, of course, lasagne! Two bottles of Coke were served, along with the wine. Unfortunately, the bottles of Coke weren't open, nor were there any wine glasses. After a few minutes, we managed to attract a waiter's attention, and he resolved the issue. Only latterly did I notice that other diners had an ice bucket for their wine, whereas we made do without.

The lasagne was incredible! Never have I had such a wonderful one, and every mouthful was a delight!

Afterwards, the lovely waiter asked if we'd like coffee or dessert, so I ordered two espressos and asked to see the menu again. Coffees were brought, but no dessert menu, which was a shame.

This place could be great, and the food already is. The service however friendly, was poor, which really detracted from the experience.

There are many far better restaurants in this beautiful city. I won't be going back to Parma a Tavola any time soon...

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank W4ndering-Willy
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Delicious food and friendly staff. The pasta was perfectly "al dente", and it was one of the best tiramisù I ever had!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2019

Great Pasta and amazing ambience. Got to chat with the chef, great service! Definitely coming back :)

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

This place seems to offer only 3 types of pastas - tortellini, ravioli & tagliatelle

Pasta was fresh. Nothing special about the dishes. For about 13€ a dish, it wasn’t overly worth it compared to other restaurants we’ve visited.

Wine prices seemed to be more expensive as well - didn’t have a large selection either.

Overall, wouldn’t recommend this place unless you wanted a quick eat.

Date of visit: May 2019