“Sadly, Just a bar for us...”
Review of Trattoria Da Fiore

Trattoria Da Fiore
Ranked #188 of 1,458 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: You may fall upon Trattoria Da Fiore restaurant in Venice with cries of delight ��� not only is it a charming, laid-back trattoria run by a native Venetian family, it is also incredibly affordable for this high-ticket city. Near Piazza San Marco, too, so it���s perfect for every kind of tourist or business noshing. A small, historic, charming spot with a separate space for those who wish to just nibble cichetti and drink a glass of wine, Trattoria Da Fiore has the beamed ceilings, warm plastered walls and dark wood seating and white table linens all typical of Venetian eateries. The menu is Italian and Sergio and his two children pay particular attention to the choice of wines. The house specialty is pennette da Fiore for two with olive oil, garlic and seven seasonal vegetables, though some swear by the zuppa di pesce alla chef brimming with just about everything that swims, perhaps followed by sgroppino al limone to finish. You���ll find Trattoria Da Fiore full of both tourists and locals, and something of a triumph.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We heard such great things about this place and were pretty excited to try it. I would say it was no different than any other bar experience. We didn't try the restaurant and opted for a few drinks and some tapa style snack.

The drinks were good - the food was what I would say was okay. It was cold and nothing special. They have it all laid out and you tell them what you wanted. We got the calamari, some sausage snacks, fried tuna bites and stuffed tomatoes. I guess we were just expecting it to be more of a wow - but ended up more of an less than memorable dining experience. I would not go back.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Da Fiore

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were told by two friends that this was the best in Venice, but we were not wowed. The service was not up to par (we had to pour our own wine and water) and the food was wry good, but nothing to rave about. My sole was too dry, and my husband's soft shell crabs were served with rather cool polenta. Lovely truffles on pumpkin gnocchi was delightful, however. A long walk from San Marco, and difficult to find.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

By coincidence walking by around lunchtime. A trattoria and, adjacent, a chicetti bar.
Everything looked very clean and promising, including the lunchmenu of the day.

Tried the restaurant, surprisingly close to the very beaten track.
A few very fresh fish ( whole) at display.We decided on the brazino and you can choose how to have it prepared : al forno or in salt.We had the salt variation and they prepared the same fish as they actually showed us freshly.
Very well cooked and professionally cleaned at your table.
As starters two different seafood pastas.I am not too keen on a lot of olive oil, so asked for a poco l'oilio . Yes, they can do that, and everything
was prepared with an eye for detail.
The red house wine was not my favourite: brought to the desired alcohol percentage by adding some sugar during the fermentation process, it seems to me. I ordered some white wine from Tuscany by glass and that was good.

I will come back.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

we were looking for a nice little restaurant away from all the touristy areas and this restaurant was exactly right. we started with an appetizer of melon and figs along with a pile of prosciutto. for mains, i had the black squid ink pasta with calamari while my wife had the lamb chops. both dishes were excellent..great flavor and presentation. i should add that the service was prompt and friendly.

2  Thank treefreak
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our hotel concierge put us onto this Gem. After spending a small fortune the first night in Venice at our 5 star hotel restaurant we decided to try alternatives.

Tattoria Da Fiore is a small family run eatery serving local produce cooked simply but very well. A very popular wine bar with folks flowing out onto the street enjoying Tapas and local wines. Make sure you book .....we noticed the clientele was mainly locals and we wee just lucky the concierge got us in.

Excellent fresh fish, garden fresh salads and reasonably priced local wines.

Highly recommended while in Venice