“Average overall”
Review of La Patatina

La Patatina
Ranked #256 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Polo
London
“Average overall”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here recently, we were seated quickly and then ignored for about 20mins. It got to the point that we decided we would pay for the bread we ate and possibly leave. Then after getting someone's attention we ordered the seafood risotto for two which was very pleasant however spoilt by the first impressions of the front of house staff.

We skipped any coffee or dessert.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
“Very Comfortable!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a second visit to Venice, and stopped by this restaurant again, as we has remembered it... although didn't know the name! Very friendly waitress inside, didn't know much English, but she smiled a lot :) we ordered a glass of house red, and house white, and enjoyed both - as much as you can enjoy a house wine. There were no tourists when we visited (about 8:30pm.) and it's obvious the locals eat later. If you want to feel the more 'real' Venice - eat late! The last vaporetto off the island is 7pm I believe - so the evening is so much nicer. So, there was no loud English in the background - all beautiful Italian. I had the gnocchi with crab, my partner had the tagliatelle with mushroom and cream sauce... yes we pretty much a little of mine, and all of his, because mine was 'healthier' lol, and we loved the taste of his. We didn't order off the tourist menu, we didn't even know there was one.... we aren't fans of three course meals though.. we like to eat a meal and have a glass of wine at one restaurant, then leave, and find another for desert, and another for drinks.... lol. Spread it out! :) anyways, we wouldn't hesitate to visit again, and we would probably both have the mushroom tagliatelle again ;). Enjoy! (about 48E by the time we left.. 2 meals, waters, wines, service and cover).

• Visited August 2013
Geelong, Australia
“ordinary service and poor meals”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Outside they advertise a three course tourist menu but inside we actually had to ask for the menu card for it. It seemed that because we were only interested in the tourist menu, the waiter's attitude changed from being friendly to sour.
The food was not of restaurant quality and the meat was tough. I would not eat there again as I could cook better myself.

• Visited July 2013
“fast and ever-so tasty!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had an early evening meal before getting lost (again) in venice. we had seen it recommended in one of our guide books.The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food choice was good. the food and wine were delivered quickly and with a smile from a small but efficient kitchen.
fair priced good food
would recommend to all

• Visited June 2013
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Excelent food and really friendly staff”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

With a slightly higher price level than the average, this restaurant is an excellent choice for those who appreciate food. It was the best restaurant we have eaten during our stay in Venice. I recommend the Sea Food Risotto which was superb. The staff is also very friendly and I would definitely recommend it. The best value I could find for my money.

Visited July 2013