“A True Osteria”
Review of La Patatina

La Patatina
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Patatina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 1,490 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Polo
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband was born and raised in Venice and he would have loved "La Patatina" except for the small tables. The food was very authenic. The service friendly...they remembered me and my friend on our second visit. Frequented by locals. Although they specialize in fish, the filet was excellent and large enough to share (by 2 women)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,544)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Service was slow, the waitress seemed that she wanted to be anywhere but doing her job at the restaurant. The wine selection was minimal, we ordered white wine which had no taste. We ordered different dishes which also had no taste. We cook it better at home. There are numerous restaurants in Venice, recommend not to choose this one.

4  Thank Sea98
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've had a lot of sub par meals in Venice (compared to the rest of Italy). We ducked in the restaurant one very hot day because it had A/C. Frankly, I didn't really care what they were serving. To our surprise, we all had a GREAT delicious meal with very good service. I recommend the seafood sampler if your into that.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We came across the Osteria Al Ponte "La Patatina" purely by chance during an evening stroll through Venice. Having spotted the "tourist menu" in the window we decided to give it a try. After being shown to a table we were handed the ala carte menu with no sign of the tourist version; obviously a ploy to try to tempt you to empty your wallet. However, our charming Romanian waitress, who incidentally had a thing about Brighton and Hove and kept quizzing us as to what the place was like, brought us the tourist menu when we requested it. My wife had the clams to start followed by bream with creamy cod, potatoes and vegetables. The portions were generous and she pronounced that the dishes were excellent. When my starter arrived, a huge plateful of spaghetti Bolognese, I thought "Oh my God, I'll never wade my way through this plus the main course of grilled chicken, small roasted potatoes and salad." But, being a bit of a trencherman I somehow managed to. Puddings were thankfully two small but adequate portions of tiramisu. With a litre of house white and a litre of sparkling water the whole bill came to £42.00 (48 Euros or thereabouts) including cover and service. This proves that despite the horror stories about the cost of dining out in Venice you can do it relatively inexpensively. The place was very busy, its staff very friendly and the service was good. No complaints whatsoever. Interestingly the restaurant gets a good report in the DK guidebook "Venice and the Veneto" – no wonder, we’d go back. By the way there was no hint of huffiness about us choosing from the tourist menu as another reviewer of this restaurant seems to have experienced. Also the manager, who took our payment, gave us liqueurs on the house and was perfectly charming, no hint of rudeness at all.

1  Thank Turkophileabz
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stumbled upon this cosy, traditional restaurant. Went for the "tourist menu" which was great value, especially for Venice! - 3 courses for 16 euro.

Great Atmosphere, highly recommended