$325
  • Room Service
$350
$330
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $423/night.

Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$560
$455
$275
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $343/night.

$411
$354
$196
$121
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

All reviewsjacuzzi bathsan angelono elevatorgood sizebritish airwayslarge bathroomrialto bridgewater taxipastriesbreakfast roomexcellent locationlovely hotellong weekendcentral locationfantastic stayrestaurants and shopstop floor
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Plus Marks - You can't find a better location. If you threw a dart at the center of the map of Venice it would hit the Ca Alvise. Conveniently located within easy walking distance of all of Venice's key sights
The staff speaks english
We were able to get a good sized family room with a double (euro queen size), sleigh bed and twin for our family of four.
Free breakfast
The room was quieter than what some folks indicated. We were on the 2nd floor.
Challenges - WiFi is not free (unlike our other two hotels during our Italy trip) and it was not working well the night we arrived.
The decor is a bit polarizing
Breakfast was decent, however the staff was not very efficient in refilling. On both mornings there was always at least one or two types of crossiants that were out. It was like playing wack-a-mole as different items were either out of stock at various stages for prolonged periods.
The location is great, however it can be a challenge to find and according to one other reviewer Google Maps is not accurate, although my Google map was and I was headed in the right direction until my wife suggested I ask someone for help and I did ask a shop manager and he looked at the map and said it was not correct and he actually sent me in the wrong direction when if I had continued following the map as indicated, I would have found it...I was close. The key is the address is on Calle della Verona which is a small path connecting to more major walkways. Its very near a "Cafe Brasillia". We found it off of the Rialto Bridge vaporetto stop, but its easier to find from San Marco Square where if you head west out of the square and find the tourist office on the very southwest outer corner of the square (near the Correr Museum) you will be on Sal. San Moise - follow this past the high end stores and the Moise church and over the bridge the path turns into C. Largo 22 Marzo and continue past the shops until you see a path on the right with monogrammed tiles on the ground at the foot of the path advertising a "Martini" bar - that is your turn - Calle della Verona follow this past a small square/Piazza and over a small bridge and the hotel will be on the right

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FlyTiger
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I (two adults, a fourteen yr old and a nine yr old) stayed at the Hotel Ca' Alvise in August 2012. We found the 4 stars deserved. The hotel was very clean, stylish (we had a 'gold' family room), the staff excellent, welcoming and accomodating. Great breakfast in the morning, we were in the very centre on San Marco and we had a late departure by train we could leave our luggage with no fuss. We would stay again. Definatly.

Room Tip: take the river bus from Venice train station - Route 1 - quick and much much cheaper than a water taxi. Get off an San Angelo and follow the signs to 'Per San Marco' 5 min walk to the Hotel Ca' Alvise..max!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Prior to departure for Venice, I read several negative reviews regarding Ca Alvise. My friend and I had a very positive experience there. We were with a group from Monograms tours. Transportation via water taxi was provided in our trip directly to our hotel. I cannot compare the rates per night because we did not pay for the room individually. It was included in the price of our package. The location was within perfect walking distance to St. Mark's Square, Rialto Bridge/Market, and many non-touristy restaurants. The area was extremely safe. Hotel employees were very helpful providing any request and assistance with finding specific attractions. Our room was of average size but the bathroom was huge with marble fixtures and modern amenities. The bed was a bit. It really didn't matter because I was so tired from walking every where! Likewise, I only heard some hotel guests in the hallway late at night. I was apprehensive about using the hair dryer but it worked very well. There is no need to bring your own like I had. Our room was on the second floor (which is really the third floor) and had no view. Not many rooms around where we stayed in Venice have views anyway.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jtlucy2c
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The Good

The Ca' Alvise is situated nicely along one of the canals and is about a 5 minute walk to St. Marks Square and the Hard Rock Cafe. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, well dressed and spoke English very well. The decor was indicative of classic Europe, a little over the top with shabby European elegance but nice none the less. Staff took care of our needs pretty well. Directions and answers to questions were very helpful and informative. The breakfast was decent and well rounded. Restaurants in the immediate vicinity are delicious and cozy. Wifi is available and its fast for a decent price.

Bathroom is very nice with jacuzzi tub, only room for one and the mini bar was so hidden we had no idea we even had one until day 2.

The Bad

Sound proofing is nonexistent, if you're having one on one time with your partner you can hear everything as well as conversations. The bed isn't cozy or inviting, its a little parochial, bedding is slightly crisp. This hotel has no elevator. If you are handicapped or elderly this hotel is likely not for you. 3rd floor is a long way up after wine and champagne or with all of your baggage. Water taxi to and from the Airport can be arranged at approx. 120 Euros. Pricey but direct and a very nice scenic boat trip, definitely camera/video worthy. Do not, I repeat do not eat in St. Marks Sq. Resturant with the yellow chairs with the band playing.(One water and 2 gelato s cost us 30 Euros!) They claimed the ambience is included in the price.

One humorous point of mention is that the owner of this property has solo paintings of himself hung in various locations. He also runs a few other properties in Venice and we saw paintings of him in other locations which made things a little funny for us.

Overall the room was decent for what we needed it for. The price seemed a little high but the hotel meets all of the basic needs and is a solid choice for Venice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The location is great, just a few steps from San Marco. The room is nice and surprisingly spacious, the shower is of excellent quality. The only complaint is that when people above you walk, you hear it all (and I must have had someone with sleep problems staying in the room above...), but I guess these problems are unavoidable in many older buildings. The breakfast is good (surprisingly good, actually, compared to other hotels of the same quality), the staff are very nice. The price is quite high (of course this is central Venice) and extras are quite pricey too, especially internet, since you don't even get it in the room. Paying around €10 for internet only available in the lobby does not feel right.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business