“Very bad service!!!”
Review of Residenza Junghans

Residenza Junghans
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Residenza Junghans
Ranked #169 of 218 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Niederlande
“Very bad service!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The room was not cleaned and serviced when I checked in. The garbage can was full and everything was very dirty. The were no sheets and blankets.
The receptionists are extremely unfriendly and refuse to speak any word of English. Thus they did as if they could not understand me (and the others who had the same problem). After several days (I was about to stay there for 3 months) the cleaning was still not done in my room, nor in one of the others, and the receptionists just keep telling that there is some kind of a problem and that they would not know when the cleaning would take place.
They do not explain where the facilities, like kitchen etc., are and so the only thing they do is hand you yout key and thats about it.
Very very bad service! This place is defenitely not worth it and it just screws up the happy mood you're supposed to have in Venice!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Theresa_9865

San Leandro, California
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This location was a bit farther than the others we have seen, but the waterbuses go by so quickly that it was no problem getting to San Marco's Square. It took us about 5-7 minutes to get there from our waterbus stop. The hostel is a student's residence and it was pretty quiet when we were there (end of august). My boyfriend and I booked a 4 people room to save money, but they had a better room available and they gave us a private room for two people, free of charge. It was extremely spacious and the bathroom is huge. Everything was very clean and tidy. There were even locks on the closet doors for your personal items. There are no shower toiletries, but we were prepared and brought our own. It was a bit humid and there were no air conditioning, but we did not stay in our rooms because we were exploring Venice! It was a great value and a nice place to stay. I would come here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emtiny
Milan
Reviewed September 13, 2009

The only quality of Junghans is the location on Giudecca, one of the most beautiful sites in Venice. Except for this, the hotel is noisy, the rooms are dirty, there aren't services (nor the soap in the bathroom!). 90 euro: really a waste of money. If you know it, you avoid it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ValMilano

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Zurich
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The price/performance ratio of the Residenza Junghans is very bad :-(((((
After all you pay 90 euros!
Residenza Junghans is:
noisy
The walls are moldy and dirty
No room service is offered
No breakfast is served for 90 euros
The washing machine can not be used.
etc.
Then, I prefer the real youth hostel, or a professionally run hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Utsurimono
spain
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I was three days there for a conference. The quality of the room was ok in terms of cleanning but as often happens in Venice there were some problems of humidity. Anyway this is usally a students residence so do not expect a hotel or hostel treatment.
The problem I had and still have was regarding the payment. As I booked my stay through hostels.com I already payed the 20% of my stay when I arrived. Since you are asked to pay when you check-in, I gave my credit card and the receptionist ordered the complete price of my stay instead of the 80% which was remaining. I didn't pay attention that this meant that I paid twice the 20% of my stay!
I realized of that the day I arrived home. I called the Junghans asking for a reimbursement. and they asked to inform about the problem through and email with my bank data.
Nobody answered during one month to my email and since 30th of september of 2008 I amb calling and sending emails asking for the reimbursement. It is 4 months and a half that I am waiting for my money back and I have no answer!
Be careful when you pay!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bremen
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I attended a conference in Venice and this residence was on the list of reccomanded hostels, so I booked one single room for six nights. To make the reservation I needed to pay 100 euros in advance, but the price of the room was OK for Venice (even if it did not include breakfast) so I did the bank transfer.
When I arrived in Venice I was told that they made a mistake with the reservation and I need to check in for one day, and then check out and check in again next day. I accepted the situation and I went to see my room: well, it had a big hole in the bathroom and no curtains, but I did not need to worry: 5 meters in front of my window there was a balcony and a house, so it was not possilbe to see in my room directly from the peers. I went downstairs to complain to the manager, but : surprise! he could not even speak proper english (like almost all people in the hostel, which seems to be the most unprofessional place I have ever visited!) After half an hour of negotiations, I was moved to another room, which had only some black spots and mushrooms around the window (but with curtains and no hole)! I t seems that you need to pay at your arrival and I tried to do so, but the computer system did not work, so I was told that we need to try next day, between 9-18 hour.
Next day I paid and I received a new room: the walls were desintegrating and they had spiders all over! But the best came at last, this means that the whole night long you could hear the banging doors and the steps of people moving in the hall. And this in spite the fact that you are not allowed in the residence between 1.30-6 hour in the morning (if you were late, you could sleep on the bench, which it does not seem a bad idea anyway).
I do not think it is necessary to give my reccomandation, it is?

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mimi_primi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Simple and Clean.
24hr reception and all staff speak English if that helps.
Not the easiest to find, don't expect a big sign. There is a small sign on the wall and an intercom button.
Found on a smaller island of Venice but only 10 mins by water ferry to San Marco.
The area makes you feel like you are a local.

The room is very basic but quite a good size for 2 people for the one I had.
You have a couple of desks and a wardrobe.
Bathroom was really clean.
Room is cleaned each day.
It is student rooms, so nothing fancy.

Would stay again.

• Liked — Quiet location on island but within 10 mins of main tourist area
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends