“Amazing dinner, great service ”

Trattoria Il Vagone
Reserve a table
Mon, 12/6
8:00 PM
Ranked #40 of 1,595 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I chose this place for dinner because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. The meal was absolutely delicious. The waiter and owner could not have been any more friendly and welcoming. I am so glad that we chose to eat here on out last evening in Italy.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Excellent pasta and seafood. Charming owner. Our little bit of Italian was enough to get us a wonderful meal.

It was a nice break from the crowds.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

The location was great and was what attracted us to it in the first place - on the canal side, quiet and atmospheric. Unfortunately we chose poorly and ended up spending 100Euros for two risottos and three plates of a limited number of gnocchi. We were refused a request for parmesan cheese on the grounds it does not go with seafood risotto - Excuse me....I thought we were the customers! especially as we were paying exorbitant prices for very average and scant portions!

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

I really recommend this place, we were looking forward on a nice meal and we came across this place right by our hotel ... I loved it because we could people watch and enjoy the nice ambiance of Venice Italy! It's a place to go. Specially because the owner greets you and is so humble... I come from New York and people like him are very rare

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

We had a nice family dinner here and enjoyed the food and especially the friendly and fun service by Claudio! My children enjoyed themselves and their food was exactly in the right portion.
Nice place for sure!