“Very nice place and very good pasta”
Review of Vini da Gigio

Vini da Gigio
Ranked #264 of 1,469 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I dont know if vini da gigio, the restaurant I'm reviewieng, is in that adress; the one I went and had a very good time and dinner is in Cannaregio, very close to ca d'oro.
You see the kitchen so tidiness is assured. We could see the raw materials and the gorgeous tomatos used for the dishes.
It is not pricey so for Venice it's a perfect choice.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've been going here about once a year since 2007 and I try never to miss it when I am in Venice. This time I took the family and it was Christmas Eve which made it that bit more special. The restaurant was packed when we arrived at 9:30 pm but that was to be expected given the season. Nevertheless the service was still good considering how busy they were. The food was excellent. The prices are normal for fine dining in Venice. The stand out feature of this restaurant is the wine list. It's like a telephone directory! If you can't find something to your pallet or budget here then give up! We were so impressed by the wine list that we asked if we could have a tour of the wine cellar. After the meal we were duly escorted down an alleyway beside the restaurant to the most amazing wine collection. I could have spent the entire holiday in there!

1  Thank t1grm
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have been going to Vini da Gigio every November for several years. The service, food and wine are always excellent. The Venetian fish appetiser is out of the world. Try the sgoppino to finish, superb.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have very high food standards and was unsure about this restaurant. Sure it had good reviews on tripadvisor, but my hotel recommended it as one of the few places open on christmas eve. I was very surprised at the quality of the food- it was delicious! Everything that we got was very good, but the caprese salad the pumpkin ravioli we're especially noteworthy. Great service too. I will definitely eat here again and recommend it to all my friends. I wish we were here another day so I could eat here again!!!

1  Thank Diana M
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were away in Venice on a nice romantic weekend, this restaurant fitted the bill so well. It was so good we went back the second night.

The food was great, in fact I had steak which was amazing.

It is a nice small place which seems to be family run, the atmosphere was great.

We had 2 steaks, a bottle of wine and 2 deserts and the bill came to around 80 euros which I think was quite reasonable, especially in Venice where the prices are quite high.

2  Thank Neil001155