“Best Vespa martini I’ve ever had”

Restaurant Terrazza Danieli
Ranked #338 of 1,680 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: Perched on the top floor of the Hotel Danieli, Restaurant Terrazza Danieli is a place where the superb culture of Venetian culinary tradition is brought into a “new” era under the mastery of Executive Chef Alberto Fol. Indigenous ingredients follow the rhythm of the seasons and are marked with flavours that recall the city’s heritage trade routes. The sensory experience culminates in the unsurpassed panoramic views that extend from the restaurant out to the lagoon and its islands. Lunch and dinner are served in the lavish surroundings created by renowned interior designer Jacques Garcia, where vistas of cupolas, the Doge's Palace and the ever-changing lagoon draw the eye, or outdoors on the panoramic rooftop terrace from May to October. Open 7 days.
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

The views at this place are nothing short of breathtaking. This is also the best martini I have ever had which at €25 is something I should have expected. The only issue they have here is the birds which constantly attack the tables.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Absolute great restaurant but VERY expensive. Do not take menus. Try any signature neon course and great deserts. Franciacorta served by glasses and that good. View absolutely great but cost 16 Euro per person.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019

After many visits to Venice we managed to book a table for the terrace for our wedding anniversary. Due to bad weather we were given a table inside, which had a great view so not too disappointed.

On entering the restaurant slightly early, we were asked if we could go to our table. I said we would like a drink at the bar, there is a small bar in the entrance to the restaurant with 3 stools. We were told this was not really a bar for people to sit at?? We offered to go back downstairs to the main hotel bar but a very unamused maitre d begrudgingly allowed us to sit at the bar. As there were 4 of us they asked if we would need a fourth stall - well yes please, this never materialised. It was very obvious they were not happy with this arrangement.

The men were served their gin and tonics first (just a small detail that I feel is wrong), the hendricks could not be supplied with cucumber as they didnt have any apparently.

The ladies drinks both required cranberry juice which "couldnt be found", there were numerous phone calls (presumably to the bar downstairs), eventually the juice was found and everyone could enjoy the start of evening. if only the young lady serving the drinks could have looked happier.

We were then led to our table, which had a fantastic view. From this point on not one member of the staff spoke to us. They were rude, arrogant in their manner, miserable. They made us feel unwelcome, unworthy and downright uncomfortable.

I am amazed people go back for a second visit. I wonder if I were of considerable obvious status I would have been treated somewhat differently.

I have visited many michelin starred restaurants and also many that arent. I am well travelled and very much grounded, never have I felt so disappointed. My anniversary celebration was ruined.

I would have liked the opportunity to email someone at the hotel before leaving this review but there is no option to e.mail. I tried to leave a review with Opentable who booked it but when I gave it a low score it was not possible to finish the review. It stated that the restaurant would like to discuss the review first, unlikely to happen considering I couldnt submit it. I doubt very much they would give a damn.

There are far nicer restaurants to visit in venice, which better food and absolutely better service.

I rarely leave bad reviews but honestly Danieli, shame on you.

Date of visit: May 2019
3  Thank 2aspen
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

I am writing on behalf of my parents who asked to book a table. Their first available time was at 9 p.m. When they asked about the 5 course menu, the maitre d’hotel asked them if they were very hungry, making them understand that he wanted to go home early. This ruined the whole dining experience.

What a shame...

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank vegi1964
Reviewed April 27, 2019

The interior of the hotel above where the restaurant sits is amazing. Very Venetian and very grand. The restaurant itself it also amazing with spectacular views of the grand canal. If you're sitting in doors, it can get quite warm. There is no air con (old building) and insufficient airflow, even when the windows are open. It is pricey, so save it for a special occasion.

Date of visit: April 2019