“only ate breakfast”

Restaurant Terrazza Danieli
Ranked #172 of 1,472 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: Perched on the top floor of Hotel Danieli is Restaurant Terrazza Danieli, a magical epicurean adventure which retraces Venice's culinary heritage under the creative guidance of Executive Chef Dario Parascandolo. Favouring seasonal, locally sourced ingredients, the menu proposes Venetian and Mediterranean delicacies enriched with tastes of the Far East. Lunch and dinner are served in the lavish surroundings created by renowned interior designer Jacques Garcia, where vistas of cupolas, the Doge's Palace and the ever-changing lagoon draw the eye, or outdoors on the panoramic rooftop terrace from May to October. Open 7 days.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

best breakfast i have ever had, if paying seperately though 50euros rather a lot,staff were friendly and helpful ,the restaurant has stunning views

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

An amazing experience and ambiance as the location of this restaurant is excellent. Embraced by the sounds of Venice, you are in touch with the Grand Canal and eating some of the best dishes in Venice. Excellent service, comprehensive wine list, true Venetian food, superb seafood dishes. Highly recommendable.

2  Thank MICZ
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Wish I could give an excellent or even good review but sadly can not. Here is why I gave average and not a poor rating. The view is outstanding, we were treated very well by the servers, bartenders, and hosts. DJ played well known popular hits from the mid 70's disco to today's R&B. This was not a sit down dinner but more of a cocktail buffet with some hors d'oeuvres passed when we first got there until the buffet opened, price per person 280 euro including open bar, dessert, after midnight lentils tax and tips. All sounds good, even though expensive we thought this is New Years Eve in Venice over looking the Lagoon, fantastic view for the fireworks at midnight and open bar. What drops this down to only average were the food items on the buffet were a huge disappointment. Mostly a repeat of the passed cold hors d'oeuvres. They were ok but nothing to rave about. Another note is that the menu was released in advance so we knew what we were going to be served. Some items on the menu never appeared or if they did were so limited we never did get to enjoy them on the other hand there were such an abundance of others, repeats on buffet of the passed cold hors d'oeuvres. The huge let down of the night were the hot buffet items, they were all cold and tasted like they were sitting in the back of the kitchen for some time. Considering we were one of the first people up for food at the buffet station I would expect it to be fresh. I went up a few times after when I noticed they were putting out new items or refilling but not a big improvement from my first tasting. At 280 euro a person paid weeks in advance, I would like my hot food served hot when it supposedly just came out of the kitchen. Dessert also ok and we did not stay for the sausage and lentils after midnight. I would think a restaurant at the Danieli Hotel would of paid more attention such an important detail like the food.

4  Thank PLQCI
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Dear, beyond any doubt, but it is worth every single cent.

This restaurant is one of the most expensive and elegant in Venice and it offers a breath taking view on the Laguna of Venice.

Absolutely magical, the portions of the food were generous and the quality was simply the best.
Furthermore,I was pleasantly surprised seeing that the oil which was served was the award winning from Terra di Bari, which is my region. Says a lot about the concept of luxury.

Totally amazing, me and my boyfriend were enchanted by the view, the interior design, the food and the service.

If you can afford it, DEFINITELY go for it to mark a special,life-changing occasion.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had lunch and was taken away at how wonderful the dish we ordered. The price was also at the top. The service was exceptional They have one of the best views in the area and is worth the trip. Their breakfast did not bring us back