WINNER WONDERLAND

La Rivista Wine & Cheese Bar
Ranked #418 of 1,377 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Melbourne, Australia
“Unpretentious wine bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a great place for breakfast, lunch, coffee or a glass of wine or beer. Probably not the choice for dinner, but it does do a mixed salad which is fabulous.

Visited May 2013

Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice little diner with good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The atmosphere is not outstanding, reminds me of an american diner. Bright colours and very clean. But the service was excellent, and the food of high quality.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Decent lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not bad, not great. We stopped in for lunch after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was almost empty and the food didn't seem as fresh as some of the other restaurants we tried. Better than the average "tourist menu" but not fantastic. Maybe it gets more volume and is better at night.

Visited November 2012
serandreica'pisani, Owner at La Rivista Wine & Cheese Bar, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
dear Nathan B,
thank you for your review. I was sorry to read about your comments on freshness of food, because it is actually one of our good points, usually...so we would love to have the chance to serve you again in the future..! all the best, marianna serandrei
Northumberland, England
“Excellent for light meals, wine and cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at hotel Ca'Pisani and used La Rivista for breakfasts, drinks and had one meal here. Indoor and outdoor seating on a wide pedestrian street. Perfect for people watching, quick drink or light meal.
My choice on the menu was not available as we were late dining and the waiter asked what I liked to eat and I agreed to let chef make something not on the menu for me. I had tagliatelle with cep mushrooms in a delicious creamy sauce. Drinks and meals are reasonably priced and service efficient, waiters speak very good English and everything is very clean. Not necessary to book. Will eat and drink here again.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank HJMH1
Capitola, California
“So happy we found this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We found this place totally by accident. We had encountered some serious rudeness at the restaurant near our hotel, Hotel all Salute and refused to eat there. So we started wandering around the nearby area and most places were closed. When we reached Dorsoduro St we noticed some lights down the way and decided to investigate. We were amazed to find a charming outdoor patio lit up and inviting. As we were looking over the menu outside we were greeted warmly by the waiter and invited to be seated. Her mood completely lifted ours from the one we had just fled.
Drinks were brought quickly and combined with the accordian player down the street we were put in a great mood for dinner and we weren't disappointed.
My wife had the ravioli with gogonzola sauce and walnuts and I ordered the linguini with clams and was told I could have a combination of mussels and clams for the same price. Being as mussels are my favorite I wasn't turning that down. Both dishes were excellent, my only regret was it was our last night in Venice otherwise I would have eaten there again. Prices were very reasonable.
Special kudos to our waiter, she was attentive, professional and funny. Wish I had asked her name, because she deserves special mention.
The area is also conducive to a romantic walk after dinner.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
serandreica'pisani, Owner at La Rivista Wine & Cheese Bar, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
dear VincentS,
thank you very much for your enthusiastic comments. it is great to know that our guests have been so happy about their meal. I would like to add - for your future reference - that the name of the waiter on duty that night is Sheila, and that she was so happy about your comments.
thank you very much, and hope to see you again soon...
marianna serandrei