“Very nice dinner for one”
Review of Osteria La Furatola - CLOSED

Osteria La Furatola
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: In osterialafuratola the taste is considered like the harmonic center of a circle composed by sight,hearing,smelling and touch.All these elements gather in the perfect equilibrium.The pleasentness of the harmony of colours and shapes of the furniture and of the dishes are amazingly linked with the sounds of the restaurant. On one hand the tender music and the kind meeting of the cutlery that welcome the food, on the other the mellow intensity of the scents of the wines that jokingly, through the changing of temperature, evolves and encounter the maravellous contrast hot - cold of the dishes. Alberto Terrin, owner and chef of osterialafuratola, doesn't consider himself instincive, just creative. Alberto highlightning that his own dishes are creative, reminds that the instinct to make an equilibrated and pleasant dish, always comes from a perfect knowledge of the raw material, not only from a sort of natural instinct. Our sommelier Ilario Fogli is always ready to combine perfectly food and wine giving you the best mix for your dinner.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very nice dinner for one”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I spent this last evening in Venice all by myself and found this restaurant coincidentally on my way "home". As I had eaten Spaghetti Vongole for lunch I didn't feel like eating a heavy dinner. The waiter suggested a fish soup of the day which was fantastic. Plus one or two glasses of red wine (of the house - very good too). I was very happy.

• Visited May 2013

Lugano, Switzerland
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This "trattoria" introduced by a Venetian friend is without doubt one of the better fish restautants in Venice. Simple and frequented by the locals. Reserve. Near Ca' Rezzonico. Close to the hotel Palazzo Stern. No view but true local fare. An "honest" dining pleasure.

• Visited April 2013
“Credit Card Users Beware”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I ate here 21 Nov 2012 with my family. It's a pity to write a poor review, as the food was excellent, but necessary for 2 reasons:-
1. The waiter suggested we had combination meal shared between 7 of us. This was a mistake as the amount of food was mean.
2. VERY BAD credit card practice. The waiter picked up my credit card but instead of putting it straight into the machine, he took the card away for a couple of minites before bringing the machine to me! Then he was seen to peer intently over my shoulder whilst I keyed in my PIN. In the EU your card should never leave your sight! I will be checking with my bank upon my return to the UK for any unauthorised transactions. If so, this may well be down to this restaurant.

3 Thank Estevint
New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very fresh and delicious seafood”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The mixed seafood starter at this restaurant is worth the visit on its own. The rest of the meal was also very good. A short walk from the Accademia bridge and just off a nice square, we were surprised to find the place fairly empty and mostly locals eating there.

Visited September 2012
Portland, Maine
“Seafood!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Authentic Venice cuisine means Seafood. We got adventurous and ordered the fixed menu, with a choice of boiled or raw seafood, a pasta dish of the day and a fish of the day. Everything was really fresh. We got a plate of boiled seafood, octopus, tiger shrimp, prawns, some white fish and fish eggs. I was a little scared to eat food I had never wanted try, but found I enjoyed most of it. If you are a big Seafood fan, this is your spot. The staff are incredibly friendly and all too happy to chit chat in English. Cost around 95 Euro with tip for two people fixed menu with no wine, but dessert. Overall good value.

Visited September 2012