“Best dinner in Venice”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had heard that it was difficult to get a good meal in Venice, but Alle Testiere was proof that this is not so. The restaurant is small and it filled up soon after it opened, and my husband and I quickly found out why. The menu had a number of seafood options, and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was also exceptional.

1  Thank PatNC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Whoever says the food in Venice doesn't hold up to that of other regions in Italy has never been to Alle Testiere. In fact, of all the cities we visited this trip - Venice, Bologna, Florence, Vernazza and Milan- I dare say we had our best meals in Venice, and Alle Testiere was the star. Yes, the reservation system may have its glitches (I stopped by the day before to confirm and they couldnt find it, but provided me with a table nonetheless). Living in NYC, I've had the chance to dine at some exceptional restaurants and restaurants started by alum of places like Daniel, Babbo, and Le Cirque. Alle Testiere's preparation of seafood is of the highest standards. The menu changes depending on what is fresh and available. We shared a squid appetizer which was grilled to perfection - its a very hot dish in NYC now and yet nothing I've had here compares. I had a ravioli dish with shrimp which likewise was excellent- sweet tender yet not underdone shrimp (very hard to achieve) and mouthwatering sauce. The wine list is also very good with a nice range of prices. The dining room is small and intimate and decorated in a simple, classy manner. An outpost of a popular Roman restaurant just opened in my NYC neighborhood, and I so wish AT would consider doing the same! Just writing about it has me now wanting to go back, such a shame its' so far away!!!

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

You DEFINITELY need to book if you want to try this place. We managed a last minute lunch reservation and were suitably pleased. Good seafood, eapecially the starters. Prosecco matched nicely, and service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 745pm on a Tuesday was told to return at 845pm and they would have a table for us. We specifically asked if we should leave our name for a reservation but were told no just return at 845pm. We went to a local place to try and waist an hour and returned at 845pm. We were then told because we rushed off without leaving our name we could not have a table. We waisted our time and they were completely rude. Will not return.

7  Thank mfreetofly
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Simply a fabulous meal, every dish delicious and fresh, with great service. A can't miss when you're in Venice.