“Highlight of our trip”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: Since 1984 this venetian family is running the Hostaria da Franz, here the quality of the local product are suggested respecting the tradition but with a gourmet twist. The wine list has very rare gems from the best italians labels. The ambience is very romantic and elegant but not formal.
Reviewed December 21, 2015

Title says it all...Hostaria da Franz was the highlight of our family's trip throughout France and Italy. Maurizio was fantastic, the sublime, the setting perfect.
Come here if you enjoy eating out and letting the kitchen cook for you. Not a place for picky eaters which in many peoples mind makes it priceless.

1  Thank TravisSJ

Reviewed December 2, 2015

Near our rented apartment so we dropped in for dinner. It was a good choice. Great food, nice local choices and superb service. I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 24, 2015

I visit Venice once or twice a year. No trip would be complete without at least one meal at Da Franz. We were a party of 6. We were never rushed. We are at a civilsed pace. Every item from first anti pasta to last piece of cheese expertly explained, stunningly prepared and expertly cooked and served. This is the perfect Venetian experience. Its all here including the best local seasonal produce and beautiful local wine.
Grazie Maurizio and all the team - you are stars. We appreciate everything that you do.

1  Thank SustainableJohn
Reviewed November 19, 2015

Superb in every respect....Bravo Maurizio! Wonderful food, service, attention to detail....All staff went the extra mile. We are fortunate to have eaten in top restaurants around the world and it will be a long time before memories of such a lovely evening, begin to fade.

1  Thank Patricia_362
Reviewed November 11, 2015

I eat in many places in London and Europe and I think it is quite refreshing to find an owner of a restaurant so passionate about his business, I notice a lot of people criticizing the way Maurizio describes the menu and his antics, what they have failed to mention is that he also offers you a written menu as well, so why didn't they take that option? I found everything exceptional and when I said I liked two of the starters the kitchen actually prepared me a starter including both options, you don't get that in many restaurants. The food and wine was exceptional, I ordered a reasonably priced wine of the menu and it was fantastic, I found the bill to be very reasonable and a lot less than an equivalent meal in the hotel we were staying in (Hotel Danieli) to be honest I cannot fault the place and I don't really understand where some of the other reviews come from, maybe they are more akin to eating in a harvester or Burger King where you get fast food, pictures and prices on the menu!!!

3  Thank brianr956