“Amazing food & service”

Cuisines: Italian, International, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: At the Grand Canal restaurant based at the Hotel Monaco in the heart of Venice, you may dine on a beautiful terrace just a few inches above the waters of the Grand Canal and feast your eyes as well as your palate. It is drenched with romance. And with breathtaking views over gondolas, the spotlit Santa Maria della Salute, and the island of San Giorgio, the Grand Canal wouldn���t have to offer exquisite d��cor, excellent service and fine food. But it does. The menu is based on the daily-changing fresh fish and vegetables that Venetian cuisine dotes on, as well as a menu of meat and pasta dishes that change seasonally, like salmon and swordfish tartare with lemon and basil or terrine of foie gras with pumpkin puree. If your plans include private entertaining, the Grand Canal restaurant is set in the Hotel Monaco which houses the amazing, historic, perfectly Venetian Sala del Ridotto, the heart of 18th century Venice, where the world���s first Casino was born. Host your wedding, banquet, launch or meeting here, of take advantage of the eight adjacent meeting rooms for smaller groups. The Grand Canal restaurant is a Venetian favourite.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our food was more than we expected. Plentiful, delicious - Venice. Wonderful. Service from the waiters exceptional. Highly recommend. Hopefully I come back to Venice & eat there again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (429)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had lunch at this restaurant today in the busy Rialto area. So happy now the next door restaurant to the right with the red umbrellas turned us down for lunch at 11:28 because they didn’t serve until 11:30. Fine.

We stopped here and were met with friendly wonderful people that helped me pronounce Caprese the Italian way. The house made margarita pizza was fabulous too.

Best of all we had a Japanese couple seated near us and they greeted them in their language. Even they were shocked and from what I can tell they loved their spaghetti and fried fish dishes.

Gracie Mille to our male server who taught me how to say Caprese and Monica who helped serve us too.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The dinner that I had was a real treat. I ordered the fabulous eggplant lasagna with wine. Bread came with it. Totally delicious and the price range was no more than anywhere else. Nice staff, and of course, dining on the Grand Canal was sublime! You are under a nice canopy. The crowds are no problem and I was happy as a clam before attending a concert.

Reviewed September 2, 2019

This restaurant is in the Monaco Grand Canal Hotel and we stayed there having breakfast each day on the terrace and an evening meal there one night.
The terrace is relatively small but faces out over the Grand Canal with all the hustle and bustle of the gondolas, taxis and ferries coming and going nearby.
The service was good in general and the staff seemed keen to do things properly notably serving dishes at the table rather than already plated up.
The menu was extensive including plenty of local dishes such as fish and all we tried were delicious.
Breakfast was a buffet and whilst less extensive than some hotels, certainly had all we wanted.
The dinner was beautifully presented and tasted superb. The staff were efficient even though it was very busy on the night we went.
It is not cheap but we have eaten at several other restaurants in Venice including being right by the Rialto Bridge and this was certainly one of the best we have enjoyed.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 5, 2019

I booked this restaurant for my parents 30th Wedding Anniversary as a surprise. When they arrived they kept me updated with their experience of the evening. In their words they felt like 'King and Queen' - they said the staff couldn't do enough for them, they sent out a special dessert, and made their experience one of a kind. I received photos of the food which looked amazing, and the views looked incredible.
Thank you to all of the staff for making my Parents anniversary so special, they will definitely be back (hopefully with me).

Date of visit: August 2019