“Luxurious Escape”

Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande
Ranked #16 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This thoughtfully designed hotel gives you a feeling of comfortable luxury and escape as soon as you step through the door. Its location is also convenient for all your strolls through this picturesque city, and though the enchanting canals will have you heading out the door, you will also look forward to returning to the comforts of this fine boutique hotel. We came here on our honeymoon in September 2011, and wished we had more time. We would love to someday return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ktowner6
There are newer reviews for Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just spent a long weekend at Barbargio and it was great. The rooms are decorated in a nice modern fashion, simple yet stylish. Breakfast was good, and bar was lovely looking over the canal. Nice quiet, small hotel and staff were very attentive if needing anything. Its tucked away and a good base to explore the island.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BeeH1
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Take the best parts of Venice, great staff, modern decor, location, and you have the Palazzo Barbarigo. As mentioned in other reviews the breakfast is above par, and served until 11. While the bathrooms are somewhat small they are very efficiently designed with a nice rain shower. The concierge was very helpful and made several reservations for us, called for water taxis and scheduled a visit to the island of Murano. We didn't want to get pulled into a factory tour, and he made it happen. The entrance in the back is tricky, and I never would have found it without a map. The corner room (suite 10) has two windows looking out onto the canal, most other suites only have one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed her a couple of years ago, and I thought I'd left a review, but hadn't.

Just want to say what a fantastic time we had here.

We were in a ground floor room on the corner, with windows on each side - it was Venetian, and it was beautiful.

Would thoroughly recommend arriving and departing by water taxi to the airport - the best €100 you will spend!

Breakfast was fantastic, and the bar area also has a tiny balcony for two outside, looking on to the Grand Canal - we always managed to get a seat here, served with lovely cocktails ad. Home made pastries by the bar man.

Can't say enough how we enjoyed it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just got back from a 3 day stay at this beautiful hotel.......I paid a little bit extra based on the pictures and reviews on here....and I'm glad I did.

It is tucked out of the way a little but....we decided to arrive via the bus on the river.....but in fairness this hotel is only a 15 minute walk away from the bus station.

Admittedly it is a bit tricky to find through the back alley others have mentioned...but I still wouldn't bother arriving through the front entrance unless money is no object to you.

I found every single Venetian who we asked directions off very willing to help.....really friendly....and besides.......getting lost in the alleys and canals of this beautiful city is all part of its charm.

Staff at the hotel were really friendly and helpful....(special mention too Alex)

I had a problem with the sound on our TV in our room.....and when we came back from our day trip it had been switched over for a new one.

We stayed In a standard room.....maybe a bit small.....but beautifully decorated.....with a wonderful mixture of old and new styles...we had a room on the side of the grand canal (room 5) and didn't experience any problems of it being too hot....noisy....or smelly.

Bang in the heart of everywhere of interest.....and as others have mentioned the small but beautiful terrace gives a fantastic opportunity to really saviour one of the best views venice has to offer......it's lovely to sit there and have a coffee....but as there is only one small terrace it is usually in high demand at times.....it would be amazing if this hotel were able to take advantage of the roof terrace up above......but unfortunately this belongs to a school so access can't be gained to it.

On the whole I would return to this hotel again if I venture back too Venezia.

If you like your hotels that are a mixture of traditional classical old style features.....with all the modern trimmings like I do.

Look no further......I doubt very much you will find a better hotel in venice which would tick those boxes for you.

Oh....the mirrors in the bathrooms have a TV fitted in them.....very snazzy.....showers are stylish.....rooms kept tidy.

I would also recommend taking a travel kettle with you......it's probably the only negative thing I can think of to say about our stay......crazy how you can watch TV whist having a shave......but would have been in trouble for a brew if it hadn't of been for the forward thinking of the better halve.

Gotta have a brew eh.....were British......don't forget to pack the travel kettle.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XDCSprog
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very modern interior, in one of the oldest buildings in Venice, which was once the home of a very important citizen, We were lucky to have the 'best room' in the hotel overlooking the Grand Canal,
with two windows in this large sumptuous room. When booking you are told that you receive a continental breakfast - but this has got to be the best one I have every been served - a large plate of fruit, croissant, both plain and chocolate, bread and several choices of cake, plus juice and coffee. It's position is very central, just along from the Rialto Bridge with a 'water taxi' stop very close. This hotel is not large but small and friendly with helpful, professional staff. There are good restaurants just outside the back door, which is at the end of a long narrow alleyway, which adds romance to its setting. A Find!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room over the canal!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malone66
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent hotel on the Grand Canal. I had a room facing the side canal (Room #2) that had french doors facing the canal, but if you turned your head to the right you saw the Grand Canal. The room is what you'd expect that that price -- it's really glam and really fun. The staff was terrific -- Daniele at the front desk was really helpful with restaurants, and he found one for me that was especially good when the one I wanted was closed. The breakfast is terrific and the staff remembered my beverage choice after the first day. They have a really cool bar that stays open until 11pm (Venice didn't seem like a really late town, so this was normal). I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I had room #2 facing a side canal on the first floor that had french doors, so you had a full view o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo