Ai Tagliapietra
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Venice
See available hotels
Ca' Priuli(Venice)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsb bgave us a mapmark's squareperfect place to staywater taxiaway from the hustle and bustlequiet at nightfantastic locationlorenzowaterbusdocktourist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Lorenzo was amazingly helpful from the first email communication. He remained in close contact with me regarding our changing arrival to Venice and was a great resource as we navigated water buses for the first time. He was easily reachable by cell phone.

He met us at the water bus stop (5 minute walk from San Marco but luckily NOT San Marco), guided us thru a maze of streets, and helped us get our bags up the stairs well before our check-in time.

The area of the B&B is very convenient to the attractions but it is just far enough from the major footpaths to feel quiet. Nearby restaurants were a bit noisy until late/early, but it did not bother us too much. There are quieter parts of the island, but this is a good in-between, especially since we were only there for a few days. My favorite part was stumbling upon an amazing mask-maker's shop and studio just down the 'street' from the B&B.

Breakfast was typical for continental Europe, including coffee, tea, pastries, butter, jams, fruit, and yogurt. Lorenzo made sure he was available to serve us fresh coffee. He went above the call of duty when he also set out breakfast items for us the day we were leaving VERY early to catch a train to Florence. (He also made sure we knew, once again, exactly what our water bus options were.)

The room was very clean, had enough room for us to move comfortably (esp. for Europe, much less Venice!), & was neatly decorated. The bathroom was clean and modern, too.

Lorenzo also gave us great restaurant ideas. From the pizzeria down the street to a quiet trattoria (best ravioli EVER!) close to il Rialto, we had really great meals at his recommendation.

For our first time in Venice, we really loved staying at Lorenzo's, and we'd love to return some day.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street. If you're a very light sleeper, you might ask if there is one facing an indoor courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KatieElizabeth13
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here in May 2011. Our first time in Venice and could not have picked a better place. The airline lost my husbands luggage and we were at a loss on how to get a new set of clothes for him on the budget the airline gave us. As you can imagine there are mainly designer shops in the main part of Venice. Lorenzo knew the best places to go for "normal" everyday clothes. The room we had was very clean and the bed comfortable. The chocolate scones in the morning were fantastic and my husband loved the blood orange juice! I really can't say enough about how wonderful this B&B is. Book early because the word is out!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cynthia N
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I spent two nights here in early winter and was the only guest, as it was off season. The B&B is more like a flat than a hotel, since it has several rooms off a common living area/kitchen. My room was very quiet; the alley/courtyard outside the window has very little traffic. The B&B is not boutique hotel fancy, but my room was very clean and large and had a private bathroom in the hall, separated from the common area. I didn't take advantage of it, but hot tea was available at all times in the kitchen, and the rate includes a simple Italian breakfast (juice, coffee, rolls/pastries).

Lorenzo was as accommodating as all the other reviews indicate. He offered to pick me up at the vaporetto stop, but I couldn't figure out how to send international texts, so I ended up wandering around looking for the B&B (and actually finding it, but it has no sign, so I assumed I'd gotten the address wrong). Venetians must be used to people getting lost, because the friendly host at a nearby restaurant used his Italian cell phone to call Lorenzo, who then came and fetched me.

Lorenzo keeps the B&B stocked with guidebooks and maps that you can borrow; he is also available to answer any questions, but he won't pester you with recommendations if you don't want them. He did recommend a couple restaurants, and the one I tried was great - hidden in plain sight down an alley just steps away from Rialto Bridge, it was very good and reasonable and had more locals than tourists. In fact, it was incredibly easy to get away from the crowds by just turning down any quiet street/alley, where there are lovely local bars, restaurants and shops to be discovered - you might get lost, but it's an island, so you can't get too far!

2  Thank ElleinLA
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I can only repeat the positive comments by the other reviewers. I stayed for three nights and since it was off season, for the first two nights I was the only person at the lovely B&B, and so it was absolutely quiet. The only noise comes from people walking by in the little street. For noise sensitive people, ear plugs block that out too. Lorenzo is a wonderful host and thinks of everything, even printing my boarding pass for my return flight and borrowing me rubber boots during the acqua alta. His restaurant recommendations are good, especially Da Mamo. I can also recommend Al Mascaron, but ask which wines they have because I was not happy with the house wine. I would definitely stay at Al Tagliapietra again. The location and service are wonderful. Thank you Lorenzo, you are a gem!

3  Thank FrankieVercammen
Reviewed November 29, 2012

What convinced me to stay at Ai Tagliapietra were all the gleaming reviews about the host, Lorenzo. Staying at his B&B only confirmed that everything that was said about him and his place were indeed true! Even before I got to Venice, he contacted me to make sure he'd meet me at San Zacarria the moment I get off the water bus. So even if I was traveling by myself, my anxieties were quelled because Lorenzo promptly met me at the water bus stop, helped me with my luggage as we made our way to through the labyrinthine streets of Venice. He also provided me very helpful tips on places to visit, yummy restos to try (right outside his door!) and helped me book (and get a good deal!) my train to Rome. Breakfast was simple but delicious. Loved the warm and flaky apricot-filled croissant and the two cups of espresso Lorenzo would always serve me in the morning - just the right combination to get me started on an enchanting experience of Venice!

Room Tip: get the room with ensuite toilet and bath. very spacious and private! it even has a small hallway from your room to the toilet and bathroom.
2  Thank maskinano