“May 21, 2011”

Ranked #285 of 458 Venice B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“May 21, 2011”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Having paid the room cost 2 months in advance and receiving an email from the owners asking for my time of arrival, I was shocked to hear from them that the room I had booked for was not available.

At reach venice at 11 am and kept my luggage to the ground, on reaching the bb at 1 pm (check-in) time I was told the room was not available.

So please double confirm your booking at this place.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Vivek087

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Location is ok, however you may never be able to find it on your own. Staff was very friendly. And it stops there. The whole place was shabby with rumbling floor boards, paper thin walls which means you cam hear every conversation, doors slamming, water running etc. Bed was too springy and soft, no blankets but only sheet covers are provided! In summary, it is not worth the €120 we paid a night as none of us could sleep throughout the night with the incessant noise and the floorboard that god knows how long it can last before sending a hole through. Not recommended for it's price nor bed& breakfast, only the location is the only good point, however Venice is a small city.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank Vincent113

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2010

First of all I am very disappointed with the overall experience and quality of the hotel.
The photos that I saw on your web site for this hotel weren't even close to the rooms where we stayed. We were shocked when we got there and checked another empty room to swap but it wasn't any better than the one we stayed..
The hotel room was full of mosquitos & little flies and very smelly.
The price is far too much for what is offered by the hotel. All service and room conditions were worse than a hostel.
The breakfast is very poor that we didn't have any breakfast in there!!
So, I strongly suggest that venere carry some inspections on the hotels before adding it to its webpage.
Finally, I am very disappointed with my accommodation in Venice so I would never go back to stay that place again and also recommend it to other people.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Explorer_Lnd
London
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Trying to find this place was extremely difficult. In the end we called the place, and the owner actually came out and found us and took us back there. It seemed that this happened quite regularly! Once in there, it was obviously a converted house, and would be a great place to stay with a group of friends, as the rooms all surround a central living room / kitchen area that is used for breakfast in the morning. It's in a perfect location right between the Rialto and St Mark's Square, once you can find it, and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Missus2009
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 16, 2010

This was the best of the 7 hotels of the same price range I stayed at on my trip to Italy. Excellent location in between the two major bridges over Grand Canale. Very nice and helpful staff (but rarely present). Small but cozy and clean room with free WIFI, aircon and bathroom.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
13 Thank AngeCord
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I would recommend this hotel, but no stay in the room we stayed in.
My mom had to sleep on a bed that had the shape of a letter U once you got on it. Her back was a mess.
The bathroom was even worse. We had to shower on our knees or bend our back, trying not to hit our heads with the very low roof.

Had a hard time findind the hotel and when we got there with our suite cases we had to take them up 2 set of stairs. The first one was normal, but once in the 'lobby' we had to climb very narrow stairs to get to the midget room.

When we wanted to talk to Marco (the manager) and tell him our experience, he dissapeared of the face of the earth and didn't talk to us... he send someone else to take care of the problem.

Breakfast OK. The girl that made the breakfast was not polite at all.
Very bad attitude.

Very well located.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank Mili_13
Round Hill, Virginia
Reviewed April 17, 2009

My wife and I traveled to Venice for 3 nights. After a not-so-great experience in Florence, we were pleasantly suprised by Ca' Loredan. This B&B is a small operation, and the operators are very attentive to your needs and comfort. The room we stayed in was bright and roomy, with a spacious bathroom (which is rare for Italy: the shower was still very small). The Ca' is only a few blocks away from the Rialto vapperetto stop putting it in a very convienient location. My only complaint was that there was a German couple there the same time as us who had a small infant, and they were extremely inconsiderate of the other guests. So barring any bad neighbors, the Ca' Loredan is a great option.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple