Venice with Simona - Day Tours
Review Highlights
Venice walkign tour

Simona did an excellent job of preparing for the tour, was patient and unrushed in answering... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Todd T
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Lovely day tour

As I have already mentioned in the other review, this was the best thing about Venice. She was... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2016
amraj91
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 17, 2015

The highlight of our trip! I was out in touch with Simona after contacting the free walking tours and I am so glad I was. Yes taking a private your was more expensive but it was tailored exactly to our likes AND our speed. Simona was highly professional, but also warm and friendly and from first contact it was like planning to meet an old friend. Simona met us in our hotel lobby and checked with us the types of places we liked before commencing her tour. Because their was only two of us we managed to cover a lot of ground and Simona's deep knowledge of the city really brought the your to life. We had an as absolutely fantastic time!

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed September 23, 2015

We (my wife and I) saw Venice and got to know the people with a knowledgeable, FUN, exciting, BEAUTIFUL, guide who became a friend. Did I say FUN? Did I say BEAUTIFUL? We saw the back streets (canals) and off-the-beating-path places along with all of the "must-see" places. Absolutely the best value in all of Venice.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 7, 2015

My husband and I were on our honeymoon, and our friends gifted us with a tour from our honeymoon registry. Simona was an amazing tour guide! She asked our interests ahead of time, and she really highlighted art, architecture, and history of Venice for us. It is obvious that she has a strong passion for what she does. After our wonderful private walking tour, Simona sat with us and made recommendations for the rest of our visit in Venice. We used her highlighted map and took her advice, and all of the places to eat and visit were fantastic! These places include different restaurants, cafes, Murano/Burano, and St.George (for sunset). We are so lucky to have spent part of our trip with Simona, a friendly and knowledgeable guide. She really went above and beyond!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed July 8, 2015

This was our first trip to Italy and we wanted to see as much as we possibly could. 10 days of touring and site seeing took us all around northern and central parts of Italy. Venice was the best part of our trip! Thanks to Simona our day in Venice was relaxing, exciting, interesting and unforgettable! She picked us up at the hotel and left us at the great local restaurant that we asked to recommend for lunch. We had a 10-years old child with us who loved this tour as well. Simona was able to keep us interested and involved in the conversation, she answered all our questions, played guessing games and recommended a gelato stop to recharge our energy. Her enthusiasm was contagious and we leaned a lot about history, architecture and people of Venice. We hope to come back and have another day tour of Venice with Simona as our guide. This was the most effective use of our time, money and effort!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed June 20, 2015

Most guides we came across in the past were story tellers. They were prepared for fairly standard talks, and often polite and tell you what you want to hear.
Simona has a strong personality.... as illustrated by how she fought off a man who tried snatching her purse from her when she first arrived in Naples from Lithuania years ago to attend university. Scars were left in her hand but she kept her purse. Simona is not afraid to talk freely about her beliefs, social issues, making our interaction more interesting.

As we are in Venice, taking a walking tour is just about the best type you can do ( I will write another review on gondola ride, which coincidentally I reserved such a ride with a friend of Simona's, Luca, purely by coincidence )
It will be a waste to have a guide show you the crowded streets and touristy spots of Venice, so walking the quieter streets gives you a chance to visit the part of Venice, with COMMENTARY, that your average tourist just don't get. The 120 euros for three hours for a private tour is a fair price , especially when compared to what I paid at my next stop, Milan.

Simona will meet you wherever you want. She came to our hotel, and we went through various parts of Venice, learn about history, local culture, got shown different architecture, and ended up right around dinner time just minutes away from a restaurant that we asked her to recommend ( and it was good AND inexpensive)
The time went fast, but we saw and learn in those few hours more than 2 days on our own.

Highly recommended!