“Lovely place to stay with friendly and helpful Host..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Gallion

Al Gallion
Ranked #208 of 467 Venice B&B and Inns
Kuching
“Lovely place to stay with friendly and helpful Host..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

After I read the good reviews from tripadvisor about this B&B, I emailed Daniella and i was glad that she responded to my email the very next day (trust me, some high ranking B&B took 2-3 days to respond to my email). She confirmed our booking without even asking for deposit in advance and told us we can pay her after we meet.
We have no problem finding Al Gallion since Daniella's website provide a very simple map and ways to go to her place. Daniella greeted us with her warm smile and explained to us how the veperatto works and all the main attractions in Venice. She even pin pointed where are the good and cheap restaurant that we can have lunch and dinner.
Our room was cosy and spacious. The bed was comfortable and we had no problem access to the WIFI. Breakfast provided was great, miss the homemade jam that made by Daniella. The only concern is whether there will be any cooling system during the summer. We were lucky because it wasnt that hot at night and we had our windows open so it's acceptable.
Daniella is a very good host. She prepared some breakfast and put inside paperbag for us to bring to the train station on the day we were leaving Venice because our train was quite early. Overall, we enjoyed our stay with Daniella and hope to revisit this wonderful B&B.

Room Tip: Book as early as you can.
1 Thank Samzie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

The room and the bathroom were huge! A nice change from some of the smaller places we had been staying in Italy. It was also very close to the train station which was helpful. It was clean and comfortable and although to get to the bathroom from your room you must walk through a communal living area, it is rare to see anyone as typically there is only activity in this room during breakfast or check in. Daniella was very sweet and helpful. The weather while we were in Venice was not too hot so we were able to keep the room cool at night with the windows open BUT this meant that we woke up the next morning covered in bug bites! If the weather was warmer, prior to staying here we would double-check the air-conditioning situation as I'm not sure it is air-conditioned... The only issue we had was that Daniella had to go out of town during our stay and the morning we went to check out there was no one around (which also meant no breakfast). We had to call Daniella and confirm our check out and our payment. Later she emailed us to apologize, stating she hadn't completely understood what was happening with the language barrier. Additionally, we were told and given information on the wifi connection but we were not able to once get the wifi to work at all so if wifi is important to you, you might want to make sure you can obtain the connection upon check-in to trouble shoot any issues if they come up. Overall, we would def consider returning...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pmc153
Kelowna, BC, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Definitely the most hospitable host of all our B&B’s in Italy. I assure you that Daniela will make your stay in Venice a memorable one. My wife and I felt very much at home here and Daniela is more than happy to help you plan your stay in Venice. It was refreshing to not only have the owner as the operator but to also have them live on site. We found many B&B’s don’t have someone on site so you must call them for whatever you need, including checking in.

We arrived at Al Gallion with little trouble thanks to the instructions and map that Daniela provides on her website. The ‘pathways’ in Venice are very easy to get lost in so I was quite grateful that this B&B was just a short walk from the train station. It is also located very close to a water bus stop (we highly recommend the unlimited water bus ticket for travel around Venice).

The room was clean and quiet, and although the washrooms are private, they are not attached to the room. There was wifi but the connection was a little weak so I had to use my device in the guest common area.

The breakfast was delicious and I’m not sure if the apricot jam that Daniela makes is served year-round, but my wife and I loved it. I highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: Ask for the larger bathroom
ambermom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

We expected from the start that our stay at this Bed & Breakfast would be a good one; the confirmation email included plenty of helpful suggestions about parking our car in Mestre and careful directions to the B&B. What we couldn't foresee was how spacious the accommodations would prove to be, how incredibly helpful and gracious our hostess would be (helping us plan each day's itinerary to suit our particular interests, offering restaurant suggestions, coping with a banking problem that we encountered, anticipating our needs, providing luscious breakfasts, and taking the time just to visit with us). The location near the train station made it rather easy to transport our luggage to and from our accommodations, and it was easy to take a water bus and/or walk to all the key sights in Venice. Our suite (a sitting room and bedroom, with a bath that we did not need to share since we were the only guests for those two nights) was immaculate and decorated tastefully; we were made to feel as welcome as old friends in their home. We can't recommend this B&B highly enough. The chance to step inside one of those wonderful old buildings and be treated as if we were special friends of our hostess, Daniela, made our stay in Venice truly memorable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ambermom
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

This should be no.1!! This is what i missed the most in Venice. love this B&B, couldnt ask for a better hostress than Daniela herself. A friendly and warm lady whom reminds me of my own mother (except the nagging part! haha!)

Good location too! Its only a 5min walk from the train station, 3 mins away from Line 1 (covered most sites ) water taxi station.

She will go into all the details you need to know about Venice and advise how to get there with a homemade handy map with drawing of all the water taxi routes, worthy sites and cheap & good place to eat!

She even go to the extend of asking me what time i would like to have breakfast and make sure you dun leave with an empty stomach. (P.S her homemade jam and cake is really awesome!) She will make up your room, i found my sleeping clothes being folded neatly on the chair.

I am so very well taken care of during my stay that i dun wanna leave!

I consider myself very lucky to be able to get a room at her impressive B&B.

I Will only return to here whenever i am in Venice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ber29
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

Was here for just 2 nights in December, but I enjoyed the stay, and with much nice hospitality from Daniella and her son that I felt compelled to write this review.

Location - Just a short 5-7mins walk from the train station, pretty easy to find, especially important if you have some luggages.

Host - The best host in all B&B I stayed in, her son was there when we reached, and took time to explain to us on all the sights and transport we should know about the island, which restaurants are nice, where to take the gondola, the various boat services available and their cost. The next day Daniella taught us how to took the ferries as well. Gave us map of the area, which they drawn themselves with different colours, totally appreciate their efforts.

Apartment - Nice cozy room with nice furnishing, really give you the home feeling.

Breakfast - Had a chance to taste Daniella's cookies and cakes for breakfast, as well as homemade jam. Fantastic.

Definitely come back here to stay if I go back to Venice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alricy
bellevue, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

By train, over the stairs of the canal, then 5 minutes walk . Not fancy but great breakfast, private bathroom, quiet, most helpful. We paid 90E for two people/night inc. breakfast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends