“Beautiful palazzo in perfect location”

Hotel Palazzo Stern
Ranked #20 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my second stay in this lovely hotel. I come to Venice often and, having discovered the Palazzo Stern last year, would not dream of staying anywhere else now. The hotel itself is a beautiful building with a stunning terrace overlooking the Grand Canal, comfortable beds and a delicious (inclusive!) breakfast. I agree with the comments of one guest who said the porters and serving staff are wonderful and could not have been more accommodating. They seem to be everywhere at once working incredibly hard - and always with a smile.

Room Tip: If you're feeling flush - a suite at the front of the hotel (rooms 404, 405 or 406) overlook the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review.
I look forward to welcome you again here in Venice. Have a great day!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I doubt I would have enjoyed Venice without this wonderful respite, away from the mobs. The hotel is well situated on the grand canal, with the Ca'Rezonnica stop a few steps awayand their own dock just off the canal. However, it is a world away from the mobs of St. Marks; it was a place where you can enjoy a quiet drink on the veranda and watch the canal traffic. The rooms were well appointed and clean. We stayed both in a junior suite and later in a standard room (we stayed here twice - which means we cancelled another reservation to return here - well worth the effort). The building itself is beautifully restored, it provides a glimpse back into Venetian glory, with lovely murano glass and mosiacs , The Alisha and Junior were very helpful. Alisha made terffic recommendations for meals and did a great job orienting us, as well as arranging water taxis and other miscellaneous needs. The breakfast buffet was had a wide variety of items to suit almost anyones taste. Without a doubt we would stay here again.

The Ca'Rezzonica museum next door is well worth a visit.

If you are an early riser, go out to the terrace before Venice rises and watch the canal for awhile, it is mystical if you manage to get a light early morning fog curling around the canal and slithering over the Accademie bridge...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona B

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm happy to know you enjoyed so much your stay with us that you cancelled another reservation to stay here longer.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice, have a great day!

Roberto

PS: I love Hawaii, you live in a great country!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We could not fault any aspect of our stay here. It was magic. Staff were so helpful. They even helped us with our train bookings for the next leg of our trip. The hotel provided a delicious breakfast on the deck overlooking the grand canal where we'd also enjoyed a coffee the previous evening.The location was perfect- right near the vaporetto stop but you could also escape the madding crowds to the Dorsoduro area behind the hotel. The hotel décor was so tasteful and very Venetian. Enjoyed every minute!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review!
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you again here in Venice.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband, son, and I stayed at Palazzo Stern for three nights August. The hotel is well maintained and almost all the staff was pleasant and accommodating.
My only gripe would be this one gentleman that sometimes staffed the reception desk seemed a bit disinterested in helping and never looked up to greet me whether coming down the stairs or entering the area from outside. I even made a point to walk louder, cough, etc. to see if he had any interest in looking away from the computer screen, but apparently not. He only acknowledged me when I stood at the end of the desk and spoke. When I did need his assistance a few times, he seemed less than enthusiastic about helping, but he did. I suppose he just has a dry personality. But he isn't really suited for the industry.
The porters on the other hand were like little work horses! They were like jacks-of-all-trades. They helped with bags, served drinks, cleaned up breakfast, and lots of other stuff. Great personalities as well!
There would be no other place that we would consider to stay when we return to Venice. We highly recommend Palazzo Stern and have sung its praises to everyone since we've been home.

Room Tip: We loved the Junior Suite, but would stay in rooms without a view if that's all we could afford...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank PoorTripPlanner

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review.
I'm not sure to who you are referring when you talk about the receptionist, we actually have more than one man working at the reception.

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice. Have a great day!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location and quality of the hotel is definitely 4 stars. Although everything in Venice is pricey, you do get what you pay for here. The rooms could be a bit on the small side (though maybe not for Venice). Our triple room overlooked the garden in the back on the top floor. The one thing that was a pleasant surprise was the "included" breakfast buffet. Already being special as this hotel has a beautiful (yet underutilized) terrace overlooking the grand canal, the breakfast is a step above all other hotels we stayed at in Italy. The one server was very efficient and had hot coffee or tea at your table before you got back with your food. They had pastries, croissants, yogurts, fruit. All pretty much standard, but the juices were excellent and they even had hot eggs and bacon (an unusual surprise).

Room Tip: Rooms along the grand canal are all doubles (no triples) and are the most expensive (over $500 per n...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Buongiorno!

Thank you for the your very nice review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and our services.

Please note that we actually have have triple and quad on the Grand Canal, but they are all Junior Suites!!!

I look forward to welcome you again soon here in Venice, have a great day!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arriving from Venice airport by water taxi, the taxi stop was 30 seconds from the hotel entrance, was an amazing experience! Just the stuff Venetian dreams are made of; right on the Grand Canal with a paved terrace overlooking all the comings and goings of gondolas, delivery men, taxis, buses, removal men etc etc... Steeped in Venetian History yet brought into the modern day to provide beautiful, clean, well ordered, calm service (Venetian style). The rooms were of a better size than I had imagined and full of good light with views either over the canal or over beautiful pantiled buildings, which catch the morning light gloriously; full of typically Venetian touches, the bathroom with it's Jacuzzi bath was gorgeous and the attention to detail spot on, chocolates on the pillow, nightwear folded beautifully and beds turned down routinely. Breakfast on the terrace was a joy, as was sitting there late in the evening (after a hard days mooching about, visiting museums and tourist spots and eating fabulous food) with a chilled glass of white wine (not at extortionate prices). All this and located in a typically Italian area with local people going about their business and finding the time to say 'bon journo'; yet only 5 mins on the river bus to St Marks Square or 20 mins walk through delightful streets and over enchanting canal bridges. I will be returning to Venice next year and would not dream of going anywhere else to stay - fabulous!!

Room Tip: 401 is a great room overlooking a pretty courtyard and terracotta pantiled roofs, bigger than expect...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rosemary N

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you again here in Venice.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently enjoyed a 7 night stay at the Palazzo Stern and couldn't fault a single thing about it. I especially loved the breakfast terrace overlooking the Grand Canal, and enjoyed a quiet drink there each evening of my stay also. The staff were outstanding - one day we were departing very early for a day trip we asked whether there was any possibility of an early continental breakfast - not only were the staff happy to oblige, they in fact rushed around and arranged for the entire breakfast buffet to be ready for us in a matter of minutes so we could enjoy our breakfast before we left. No request was too much for the staff. The hotel is beautiful, immaculately clean and well maintained, with a very dignified air but not at all stuffy. Most definitely my new favorite hotel in Venice, I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kayt83

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you again soon here in Venice.