“Fantastic”

Hotel Palazzo Stern
Ranked #21 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a room on the side with a small lagoon view. It was quiet and just lovely. It is a great location. The staff is excellent. The breakfast was great and the views awesome. We highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Side room with a lagoon view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you!
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We all look forward to welcome you soon again here in Venice. Have a great day!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Palazzo Stern

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a luxurious former palace, in a fantastic location on the Grand Canal. It has a wonderful breakfast/bar terrace right on the canal and the rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated with great views. My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights in August to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and the hotel very kindly upgraded our room and we were also given a bottle of sparkiling wine to celebrate with. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and assisted us with booking a Gondola ride, which picked us up from the hotel, and also gave us information on sightseeing and places to eat. The hotel is right next to the "Ca’ Rezzonico" Vaporetto (Waterbus) which makes it very easy to get to, so long as you get on the correct Vaporetto Line! If you are coming from the train station, make sure that you get on Vaporetto Line 1, as this will take you to the "Ca Rezzionico" stop.
If you are going to or from Marco Polo airport, get the public shuttle service called Alilaguna, as this also goes to the "Ca Rezzionico" stop next to the hotel and it is a lot cheaper than getting a water taxi and they aren't as big or as crowded as the Vaporetto's.
This is a fantastic hotel and my wife and I will definitely stay here again when we return to Venice.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view of the Grand Canal, it's breathtaking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daptor10
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Buongiorno!

Thank you for this very nice review. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you soon again.

Have a great day!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed three nights. Breakfast on the terrace was marvelous(cover any plates if you go for more food or the birds will have anything on the plates). Had a top floor bedroom, no view unfortunatly, but still a nice bright room. The staff still look after you with free drinks (tea/coffee) after booking out and waiting pick up to airport/train. Excellant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review!
I hope to welcome you soon again, have a nice day!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here with my 12yo son in spring for four nights and we loved this place. The staff were great, the breakfast by the Grand Canal was awesome, - good location, lovely building, - a stately home built in the early twentieth century on the site of an old palace, using some of the same materials. The furniture includes what look like antique chests and bed headboards, - big Venetian glass chandeliers.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room overlooking the Canal and there was only one window, so we would ask for...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Buongiorno!

Thank you for the very nice review.
We all look forward to welcome you soon again here, have a nice day!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Palazzo Stern at the end of our two-week vacation to Italy and it was definitely a highlight. It's location just 100 yards or so from the water bus stop is a huge plus, not to mention the beautiful large terrace overlooking the Grand Canal. We had breakfast there each morning and enjoyed a bottle of wine there each evening, just watching the activity along the Canal. The Palazzo Stern is also located near many attractions and restaurants and the staff is very helpful in making recommendations for, and reserving, restaurants or theater tickets. The rooms are small, but elegant. The hotel has an arrangement with the Murano glass museum/store to provide a complimentary semi-private cozy boat shuttle to the factory, which we did. However, they don't tell you that you have to get your own ride back, which is the water bus. It was no big deal, but it was not made clear. We loved Venice and return to the Palazzo Stern.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Buongiorno!

Thank you for this very kind review.
I'm sorry that it has not been cleared the fact the the ride back from Murano is on you (/either by waterbus or water taxi, as you prefer).
The concierge should be very clear when explaining this. I'm sure it has been a misunderstanding, in any case please accept my apologize.
I hope to have the chance to welcome you soon again here, thank you and have a nice day!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I had one night in this very special hotel last week and it was definitely a highlight of our brief stay in that stunning city. This exquisitely refurbished palazzo on the Grand canal is well priced and a perfect place to explore Venice from . The breakfast is great and can be enjoyed on a terrace overlooking the canal .The hallways and rooms are sumptuously decorated so you really feel the ambiance and the history of the place. It is also right by a vaporetto stop and nearby are great local fish restaurants. The complimentary private speed boat tour to the island of Murano was also very special (and yes, it was very James Blond!)We will be staying longer next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Buongiorno!

I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
We all look forward to welcome you soon again here, have a great day!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Pros: My wife and I spent two nights in the junior suite in September. I concur with all the comments concerning the attractiveness of the suite and the hotel. The breakfast is terrific, and the view of the Grand Canal is exactly what I had hoped for (except for the tall construction crane on the opposite bank). The location of the hotel next to the vaporetto stop makes getting to and from the hotel very convenient, especially when taking the Alilaguna boat from the airport. Since I was leaving Venice from the train station, I asked if the hotel's private boat could shuttle us there. The hotel accommodated this request (it was complimentary), and we enjoyed great views of Venice on our departure.

Cons: I intentionally booked the junior suite because I wanted a view of the Grand Canal. I underestimated the trade-off between the great views of the Grand Canal and the noise of boat traffic, especially boats using the vaporetto stop. I found the noise to be a lot greater, and more intrusive, than I expected. Use of a white noise generator (which I did not have) perhaps could have helped. Granted, sensitivity to noise varies among people, but being a person who needs a quiet environment for sleep, next time I will opt for a hotel off the Grand Canal just to enjoy sounder sleep. (I think Ca' Maria Adele, on a side canal, would be a great choice.)

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Damasus
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Buongiorno!

Thanks a lot for this very nice review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and the free boa ride to the train station! It's a service that we have since a couple of months. The boat is free of charge, but we are still not allowed to go anywhere in Venice unfortunately. But if anyone need it just ask! If it's available and we are allowed to go where you need it will be free of charge!!!

Concerning the noise you are right, the Grand Canal is busy and it can be too noisy if you are used to have complete silence at home. But you don't need to book another hotel, we have many other rooms overlooking the garden on the backside of the hotel! Just ask for a quite room when you do your reservation.

Thanks a gain for your review, we all look forward to welcome you again here in Venice!!!