“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Adelaide, Australia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel Al Codega helped make what was already a magical stay in Venice just that little bit more special. The rooms were nicely decorated and well appointed, free wifi was reliable, and breakfast was good. What particularly impressed me was the staff; they were of the highest quality in terms of friendliness and professionalism. Every single staff member greeted us warmly whenever we crossed paths and we felt comfortable to ask for any advice we needed about our stay. The location of this hotel is also exactly what we were after. It is almost dead centre between the Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Marco, making it convenient for taking in the main sights, yet, tucked away in a quiet courtyard, it feels like you have discovered a hidden corner of Venice, which was nice in the winter, and I imagine akin to paradise in the busy summer. I have already recommended this hotel to people I know who are travelling to Venice soon and I will definitely stay here again if I return to Venice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AdelaideJessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wow ???Wow ???Wow???
Absolutely amazing, we checked out other reviews from Trip Advisor on Hotel Al Codega and it was even better than we both thought. Close to Piazza San Marco,Rialto,Teatro La Fenice, and just a (5) five minute walk to the Ferry services (Canal Grande). The hotel is a little hard to find, BUT I do recommend you catch a water taxi from the Airport to S Marco (cost 120 euro for two people) but is worth every cent, just for the views and ambience. It only takes about forty minutes compared to other transport( a bit cheaper) but anything up to one hour. The water taxi drops you just about at the front door. You will eventually get lost in Venice, but what a place to do it. Would haft to be the number one on our bucket list. Staff at the hotel are amazing, nothing is a problem, even an Aussie trying to talk Italian (ha ha). The breakfast would be the most decadent ( in a great way) that we have ever had. FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC..........

Room Tip: Deluxe double is the way to go......
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A small hotel located in a cul de sac, very quiet at nignt and yet close to the main land attractions of Venice.
Housekeeping was impeccable, decoration sober and tastfull, staff most obliging, breakfast varied and well presented and renewed with guests arriving between 7.30 and 10.30 .
management was most obliging in spite of our early arrival and offered us a buffet breafast and kept our luggage in safety until the room was ready.
We were also allowed a late check out in view of our flight schedule.
The hotel is located half way between St Marco and the Rialto, about 5 minutes each way with easy communication to the airport by water transportation.
We would certainly use their facilities again and we recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quality at reasonable price, Proximity to the center of Venise and removed from the buzz of tourists.

Room Tip: ask for a room located facing the inside courtyard
Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was a great find. Located in a little courtyard this hotel is very quite. We stayed at Al Codega for a week. The staff was wonderful and very helpful in every way. Their restaurant recommendations were very good, some places we went back to twice. When we strayed from their recommendations we generally had bad service and a bad meal. The hotel did everything they could to make us comfortable. Our room looked out on the courtyard. The room was clean and all the furnishings were modern and in good shape. While not huge the room had enough space for me and my wife. The hotel is perfectly situated so you can make it anywhere in Venice with just a short walk.

The only negative about the hotel was noise from other rooms and the hallway. While not horrible I could clearly hear the person coughing in the room next door. It wasn't loud enough to wake me up but when I was awake I could hear things. The hotel was very quite most of the time because of it's location.

1 Thank Mark F
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed overnight here before boarding a Princess Cruise ship bound for the Greek Islands. It was just minutes from the water taxi. Complimentary breakfast and wonderful in every way. The rooms were great with little noise. The proximity to San Rialto bridge and St. Mark's was great. Very safe. Shopping and sightseein right there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sue w
Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I found the Hotel Al Codea quite by accident while looking for lodging in Venice. I saw that unlike most of the Venice hotels which reviewers had rated as Excellent or Very Good, the Al Codega was rated as "Outstanding" even though it was priced below similar hotels. I read many of the TA reviews and could find nothing to deter me from booking it. We knew we wanted to be on San Marco, not the mainland, as we knew that our three short days there should not be spent traveling via water buses but in exploring this beautiful place that we had never before visited. As our travel date drew nearer, I began to have second thoughts about dragging all of our luggage from the water bus to this "hidden" hotel...but, the map made it appear that the "drag" would not be far and my wife said we were staying there so I said OK!

We arrived via air from Paris and it only took a few minutes before we were aboard the water bus with our 5 pieces of luggage. We disembarked the water bus near the Rialto Bridge and were immediately approached by "Fabio" who asked if we needed porter services. I couldn't say yes quickly enough. He asked where we were going and knew where the Al Codega was. With a smile he was off, with my wife and I trailing. It was only a few minutes from the bridge to the hotel and Fabio made it appear easy as he maneuvered his cart with our luggage through the narrow streets and into the hotel. 25 Euros was a cheap price to pay in my mind! (Fabio also returned to the hotel at the end of our stay and took us to the St Marks water bus location where we caught a water bus to the Port of Venice and our cruise ship...making the issue with luggage a non-issue!)

We were warmly greeted at the hotel by Salvitori and quickly checked in. Our room was a corner room on the fourth floor and was beautiful. Everything appeared new or nearly so. The room was spacious and bright. In short, it deserves the 5 star rating I have given it. But equally important to the room was the exceptional service we received from all staff members. Each one seemed to truly enjoy our being there and each one made our stay memorable. The breakfasts were delightful as was the breakfast area. The small bar was made exceptionally pleasant by the service provided. Without a doubt, we will return to the Al Codea as it is truly a wonderful hotel with a marvelous staff. Thank you Al Codega.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appear to be in great locations with none of them in high-traffic areas. We stayed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank GeoJerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

A good hotel perfectly situated. The thing that makes this hotel great is the staff, they are excellent. Breakfast is good with a wide selection to suit all tastes. I would happily book with them again.

• Stayed December 2012