“Perfect Location”

Hotel Bella Venezia
Ranked #224 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just returned from a lovely long weekend in Venice.
The hotel is in a perfect location and fairly easy to find.
Reception staff were friendly and helpful.
We booked a superior room to ensure that we didn't end up in the annexe due to other reviews.
The room was spacious and clean and decorated appropriately to Venice itself. No extra charges for the safe and a tv was handy for a bit of music (not speaking Italian).
The bathroom had bath robes and slippers and again was clean.
Breakfast was the only disappointment. Day 1 was fine but on day 2 there was hardly anything left. On the final day we arrived at 7am as we had an early flight only to find we'd arrived before the staff so no food was ready.
Overall I would stay here again when we return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've just returned from Venice having stayed 2 nights. Whilst the location is excellent, midway between St Marks Square and Rialto Bridge, and the staff are friendly enough, the hotel was somewhat of a disappointement. We stayed in the annex, which wouldn't have been a problem, and we knew that from the booking, but the room was small, the bedside tables were covered in dust, the air conditioning wasn't working, and the double bed was two twins pushed together and made up as a double. Breakfast was also disappointing. Served between 7am and 10.30am, we arrived at 10am on the first morning and the hot buffet had run out. On the second morning we arrived just after 7am and there was hardly anything out - no hot buffet, no cold meats or cheese.
These are not the qualities of a 4* hotel, and whilst I'm led to believe from reviews that the rooms in the main hotel are better, the hotel shouldn't be allowed to sell rooms in the annex under the premise of them being 4*.

Room Tip: Avoid the annex
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy D
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights.

The location is between Rialto and St Mark Square and perfect to visit all the touristy areas. When you take the Vaporetto line 1, stop at rialto, and you only need to cross the canal once to reach Casa Del Fabri.

We are placed in palazzo la scala guesthouse, which we knew from the booking details. Our room and the bathroom was clean. The room is one of the smallest room that I have stayed in. Roughly a 2.5x2.5 m room. The bed occupy most of the room and we cant move freely nor find adequate space to put our 2 standard size luggage in the room due to lack of space. We found noise insulation are inadequate and therefore will be quite noisy at night. Light sleeper would probably found some problem in resting at night due to all the noise.(from the street as well as the lift)

Bathroom is good size and amenities are well provided.

Wifi working well

Breakfast includes some cooked item, (scrambled egg and one type of meat normally). We found the quality not at a 4 star standard that we are accustomed to.

Staff & Service was average and they are professional in helping us with our query.

One thing that we enjoy is the murano trip that is being arranged by the hotel. It was for 5 euro per person and we thoroughly enjoy it except the sale pitch part at the end of the tour to buy the Murano glass. Please note that we found the price during the sale pitch are much higher compared to other stores in Murano, therefore please take heed and bargain! (up to 75% reduction in price)

Overall an average stay. Thank you.

1  Thank AKSpring2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Please be clear that you are booking the main hotel and you will be good. We have a lovely large room with amenities and a small canal view on 2nd Floor. We stayed for 2 nights - the staff was helpful, knew and understood English well. They were courteous, gave us nice ideas on exploring Venice by ourselves.

We do need to keep in mind that Venice Island is a city on canal. Hence there is no escaping walking 200-300 from Rialto bridge station with your luggage. Carry ones with 4 wheels and you should be good.

Venice is a costly place but its worth your while to lose yourself and enjoy its charm..

Room Tip: Stay in main hotel as rooms are much better there. It will add to your experience
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sanjay S
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

If you Go to Venice, and is not in good shape, carry small bags.This hotel is midway between Rialto station and Plaza San Marco.From both boat stops, we must walk at least 300 mt.
Great breakfast and simphatetic
Team
Nice room. Ours had a pleasant view of a small channel and one of its bridges

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I agree with hotel staff reply to recent negative reviews. The booking info seemed clear enough. We booked a room in the main hotel and were very happy with it. The hotel is in a superb location, v.close to major attractions so you can go back to relax for a bit very easily. Staff have been freindly and helpful and I was offerred a v.good rate for an additional night.

Room Tip: Read the room descriptions carefully so you get what you expect. My superior double had no view but...
2  Thank Mmxm
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I arrived in this hotel they told me that my room was outside in a dependance near there; I was a little bit surprised because my reservation was absolutely clear "Hotel Bella Venezia", nevertheless I was silent and followed the porter into this other room. In effect this room, that they presented me as a dependance, was the room of another hotel called "La Scala", the room was claustrophobic, without any night-tables nor mirrors in our room, you can't walk properly in our room because the bed occupied all the space and you had to walk back flanked the wall because there wasn't enough space; the bathroom was dirty and the shower broken, our room was near the lift so it was really noisy...
I went to the reception explaining my complaints and they answered me that the responibility was of the website on which I had my reservation....I phoned the website on which I booked this hotel and they gave me confirmation that my reservation was for Hotel Bella Venezia and not for this external room that in effect is another hotel without any star I think!!!!
It was really a bad experience and I felt sad mostly about their lack of honesty: they gave me wrong and false explanation, I could rebut because me too I work in a reception so I know how portals' reservations are managed...

Room Tip: Make sure that you are placed in Hotel Bella Venezia and not in external rooms which are part of ano...
16  Thank LuckyButterfly
HotelBellaVenezia, Direttore at Hotel Bella Venezia, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Mrs Ambrosino & Mr Virto,
we are really sorry to read this misleading review, usually also if negative we are happy to read the reviews of our customers because they help us to improve the quality of our hospitality, unfortunately your review, in our opinion, is not correct.
We just report here the exact words of the web-site where you made the reservation: "This is an economy room located in another building, Palazzo La Scala a Luxury Guesthouse, (next to the main building) and rooms can be small." Do you think that is not clear?????
We don't think is necessary to add anything...only that maybe from a person that make our job, like you wrote, some more reasonable and moderate opinion is expected...why did you mention the price you paid? and also on your check-out our Assistant Manager expressed you very kindly all our regret for your negative opinion in the same time illustrating you step by step your reservation and our fairness.

Arrigo Matterazzo