This residenza had a superb location right near the Rialto bridge and close to the vaporetto to get to/from the railway station and from the airport. It was also close to St Marks square and supermarkets, pharmacies and shopping. Elizabetta and Eleanora were so helpful with directions, providing me with an umberella and setting up a helicopter tour of Venice which I had vague details of. My room was so clean and spacious and warm. They catered very well for my gluten intolerance when providing breakfast to the room. I had a room on the 2nd floor which was tiring carrying my too large suitcase and other items up but I was prepared for this as the building is old and part of the charm was its character. Don't be mistaken the rooms had all modern amenities one could need. So if you are unable to climb stairs it would be advisable to point this out on booking. Overall I would definitely recommend this accommodation to anyone and would be more than happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestigious dwelling of the noble Foscolo family, one of the most ancient Venetian dynasties and founders of the Most Serene Republic, this newly restored residence opens its doors to guests in its new role of upscale apartment-hotel. Ca' Foscolo is composed of spacious suites whose design and modern comfort meld with the gothic architecture of the courtyard whose the original well-head is decorated with bas-reliefs, and with the details of the entrance hall. At the ground floor of the palace, you will be welcomed in an elegant reception leading to the different apartments, which are located on three floors, each with a slightly different layout and named for a ship from the fleet of the Venetian Republic. The residence offers high quality service, and our staff, attentive and professional, will be at your disposal for useful information and suggestions for your stay in Venice. Strategically located in the heart of the city and easily reached by public and private transport, Ca' Foscolo overlooks a quiet Venetian square, a few steps from the Rialto Bridge and a few minutes from St. Mark's Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Ca' Foscolo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Ca`Foscolo Hotel Venice
- Residenza Ca Foscolo Venice