My husband and I booked a room at this hotel for the night before and after a cruise.
We booked via laterooms whose rates are really competitive, though this hotel is not a 'cheap' hotel.
It is a beautiful hotel, discreet - no glaring signage, just a small plaque on the wall outside - 'A member of the leading Small Hotels of the World'.
The staff are welcoming and sincere in delivering what can only be described as exemplary good customer service.
Our room was small overlooking the courtyard and very quiet and very simply but serenely decorated. Tha bathroom was luxurious and large.
A buffet breakfast was the only meal we had but there was a huge range and choice of hot and cold food to suit every taste and need.
I'm so glad we chose to go back to this hotel for the last night of our holiday.
Although the garden room we were allocated was slightly smaller and a little more noisy than the courtyard room, the bathroom was once again large and luxurious.
The hotel is accessible via the Alilaguna (public transport boat) direct from the Aiprort to Zitelle on Guidecca island (NOT San Marco) and takes about 1.5 hours to get there (56 Euros return for 2).
It's also only three 'hops' on the alilaguna to the port.
The hotel offers their own private shuttle boat service across to the main island and leaves/returns to the sister hotel on San Marco (another 5 star elegant hotel, though appears to be more decadent and much larger than the Palladio) - it runs regualrly throughout the day and late into the night.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to other travellers - though suggest that it is worth shopping around as prices vary enormously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladio Hotel & SPA is an amazing building designed in the 16th century by the world-renowned Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The property is a rare jewel in Venice, with its 58 elegant guest rooms and 21 spacious Suites and Junior Suites, a private garden and breathtaking lagoon views. It is located on the Giudecca Island just across the basin from the word-famous sister properties Bauer Hotel and Bauer Il Palazzo. BAUER.Palladio Hotel & Spa has a warm and welcoming decor with a soft color palette of pastels. Each of its spacious rooms is beautifully detailed with the finest paint decoration and tapestries, while still maintaining its original identity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palladio Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bauer Palladio Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palladio Hotel And Spa
- Bauer Palladio Venice