Initially the hotel does not seem ideally placed- on the opposite side of the lagoon from the tourist haven which is St Marks, but rather wonderfully; (1) the hotel provides a free water shuttle service (takes about 5 minutes) straight to St Marks every 20-30 minutes until midnight (2) there is a water bus service about 20 meters from the front door to take to you other hotspots such as Murano. It was lovely to be in such a quite spot with such easy access to all the action. On the staff at the hotel- from the second you arrived until the moment you left the staff could not do enough for you- everyone was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite with a garden view and it was lovely. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was on the luxurious side and the room was very clean. Every time we popped out the room was obviously spruced up and new towels left. A nice touch was the little notes left on the bed by the turning down service. On the Spa- as it is a smaller hotel I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and size of the spa. A trip (or two) to the spa is a must if staying at this hotel. We ate out every day so cannot comment too much on the food, however the one lunch we had at the hotel was very nice. One tip for smokers- you cannot buy cigarettes at night. At the hotel or in St Marks. Not all shops sell them and to use the vending machines you need an Italian health care card proving your age. Give up or stock up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladio Hotel & SPA is an amazing building designed in the 16th century by the world-renowned Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The property is a rare jewel in Venice, with its 58 elegant guest rooms and 21 spacious Suites and Junior Suites, a private garden and breathtaking lagoon views. It is located on the Giudecca Island just across the basin from the word-famous sister properties Bauer Hotel and Bauer Il Palazzo. BAUER.Palladio Hotel & Spa has a warm and welcoming decor with a soft color palette of pastels. Each of its spacious rooms is beautifully detailed with the finest paint decoration and tapestries, while still maintaining its original identity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Palladio Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bauer Palladio Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palladio Hotel And Spa
- Bauer Palladio Venice