“Perfect Honeymoon hotel !”
Review of Palazzina G

Palazzina G
Ranked #186 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Venice is the ultimate romantic honeymoon destination but it is made even better by a stay at Palazzina G. This hotel is so discreet there are no signs announcing it. The hotel is just not like a hotel at all. It is slick , stylish and sexy.We had The Grand Canal suite with a balcony and views overlooking the Grand Canal, a delight to sit outside in the evenings drinking vintage Champagne,as tourists passed below in water taxis.The suite itself was large and very comfortable, almost entirely decked out in white furnishings with a glass wardrobe and massive mirrors on every available wall.There was a bedroom and adjacent a fabulous lounge area. Breakfasts can be taken in the suite or the Krug lounge downstairs or in the restaurant up till 2 pm each day!! a really sensible idea for honeymooners and holiday makers alike.The bar is decked out in dark sultry reds and browns , with low lighting after dusk. everything about this hotel shouts seductive style and romance. Palazzina G is ideally located in the heart of Venice, but away from the every day hustle and bustle of tourists.The suite is not cheap but well worth every penny for a Honeymoon or special occasion. We will definitely return again. This was our 9 th visit to Venice, a magical city.

Room Tip: The suites are obviously much larger than the ordinary rooms, but the decor is similar in each room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LADYRAWDON

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights in Venice last month. We were in Venice last September as well and stayed in the lovely Hotel Danieli, which was right in the midst of the crowds of people near Piazza San Marco. This year, Palazzina G offered a very different experience for us. While located in the San Marco area, it is well removed from the throngs of people. The hotel is close to Piazza San Marco, Rialto, the Accademia, and right next to the San Samuele #2 vaporetto stop, but on a quiet little street - be careful you might walk right by it.

The hotel itself is a modern boutique hotel. The rooms are a good size and have a very spacious bathroom. Queen size bed in a standard room. There are a lot of mirrors, which probably make the rooms seem larger. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Plush robes and comfy slippers are included. The rooms have decals of masks on some mirrors, windows and lamps, which was a little weird, but then again, masks are symbolic of Venice. Free wi-fi is available throughout the hotel.

The hotel staff were all very friendly and attentive. The entrance area sets the luxurious and contemporary tone with columns and interesting handmade Murano glass pieces. We were offered a complimentary cocktail in the bar while waiting to get checked in. There is no typical reception desk area. The bar and restaurant area is sleek and elegant. Perfect for an aperol spritz to start the evening and also for a nightcap. We did not have dinner at the restaurant, but did have a nice breakfast.

While we would stay here again, we would probably try a different hotel the next time just for a new experience. Highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a small, modern and exclusive hotel that is hidden away from tourists.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather K
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this hotel for a couple of nights while in Venice. We really enjoyed our time there. The positives were:

The location: This hotel is perfect because it is a minute from the water taxi stand and it is about 5 minutes walk to san Marco. It is in a quiet little neighbourhood with lovely art shops and restaurants. We truly enjoyed the location.

The room. I thought it was very well appointed. The bathroom was very large and comfortable and the room fit the bed and a few tables but it was very comfortable and white and mirrored and uniquely lighted. We thought it was quite impressive. We didn't mind the size. It had bright windows as well.

The breakfast area. We enjoyed breakfast on the rooftop terrace and it was beautiful. It was decorated with wood furniture and white cushions. It was quite comfortable and a pleasant place to spend a morning.

The bar. We spent about 3 nights in the bar. We even returned while passing through Venice, just to enjoy the atmosphere. We brought friends with us each time and everyone was very impressed. It's quite something to see, even if you just stop by for a drink.

The negatives:

The incense: The hotel had some sort of strong incense that was ok when I first arrived. But after hanging out in the lounge/bar for about an hour, the smell started to get to me. I looked around and moved the fragrant sticks that were around me, and the smell dissipated a bit. But if you have a sensitivity to strong smells, this may not be the place for you.

The staff. I must agree with another reviewer when they say that the staff are efficient and professional, but they aren't "friendly" or excited to serve you. The friendliest guy was our porter, who was incredible on arrival and departure. And the night staff who had to come to our room to teach us how to turn off our lights. We all had a good chuckle over that one. But the reception staff on arrival and departure were just ok. Helpful but without smiles or interest.

The service in the bar. Upon arrival, I ordered a prosecco and received a salty prosecco with an olive in it. After tasting it and not liking it at all, the staff were no where to be found. When I got up from my seat to hunt down the bartender who made it, she said that is the way they serve them there. She didn't offer to replace my drink with a plain prosecco, which is what I ordered in the first place. Since we had just arrived, I didn't want to fuss so I left the drink with her and went back to my seat. No apologies or replacements followed.
When we returned with our friends, they were efficient but never friendly. They never asked you a question or showed any interest in you, other than getting your drink. They definitely don't work for tips here. They even left the bar area and we had to look around when we were ready to re-order. Very strange service concept in this hotel.

But saying that, I am not there to make friends with the staff and since I truly enjoyed my time in this hotel, I would recommend it to someone who wants a unique experience and would be happy to be left alone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DKEVERYDAY
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of September. You couldn't ask for a better location. You are fit by campo San Samuel, and it is rarely noisy or full of people. There is a vaporetti stop for the number 2 line steps from the hotel.

I think this place is probably perfect for some people. It is (obviously) very stylized and design oriented. The bar/restaurant area is very chic, and our room was lined with ornate mirrors. I personally place more value on comfort than design, and probably would have enjoyed more room (our room was rather small) and more comfort-oriented surroundings. The staff is all proficient, but not overly friendly - smiles or anything resembling warmth are rare, but again, this may just be a matter of personal taste.

I think if you look at the hotel's pictures, they are very truthful to the appearance of the hotel. You should be able to tell if this is a place for you by browsing the hotel's website. We ended up here after some booking difficulties on a particular travel sight left this as our only viable option. I kind of knew, going in, that this would likely not be my kind of place, but can totally appreciate that it is perfect for some. Just not worth the price (which seems quite high for the room space, even by Venice standards) for me personally.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mark_in_Mass
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just back from 5 days at this gem of a hotel. Fantastic secret location in San Samuele with very quiet environment yet only 10 mins walk or two minute boat ride from San Marco, Rialto, Zattere! Faultless, discrete, professional yet friendly staff with great breakfast. The superior room was spacious and so good to have a bathroom with window and endless clean towels and bedding. Spotlessly clean everywhere.
Love the 'animal' stools in the Krug bar - and quirky decor, mirrors everywhere, well done to Phillipe Starck.
Would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are quite small but there is a shady roof terrace
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Before we travel, I always check if the group of "Design hotel" has a property there. That time it happened to be in Venice. Beautiful place with Murano glass everywhere. Very cool bar and breakfast area. Perfect location: only 5 min walk from San Marco and shops.
the room is done of mirrors. Its romantic and opens up the space inside max. Our only problem in the room was that you get completely disoriented about the corners, doors, walls, everything! I usually placed my hands infront

Room Tip: Ask the room with the view to Grand Canal, otherwise you'll see just the wall of next building w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank petrusharus
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here at the end of June. We loved the location, the free arrival coffee and pastries, the decor and the room. The rooms are well designed but a little on the small side.

Breakfast on the roof was great although I would have hoped really you wouldn't have to pay €7.50 for an omelette - nice but a tad expensive! Continental is included though.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The location perfect for being away from the tourists but not so far it's only 10 minutes to St Marks Square.

Hotels in Venice are all more expensive than elsewhere in Europe so we would recommend, especially if you like a lot of mirrors and white decor.

• Stayed: June 2013