“A perfect place in Venice”
Review of Palazzina G

Palazzina G
Ranked #167 of 385 Hotels in Venice
“A perfect place in Venice”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Venice is a walking city. The alleys od Venice is one big museum however narrow and the main ones are full of people this time of the year. I finally found a perfect place to get away completely from the crowds. Palazzina Grassi tucked away in a small alley in Venice yet centrally located. The only hotel in Italy done by Philippe Starck shush is also refreshing tomget away from the heavy Venetian decor of the big hotels in Venice. Everything was just perfect. The staf are young efficient friendly and could not do enough to make our stay so pleasent. The rooms are adequate in size with frette linen sheets ! The breakfast incredible and so was the restaurant sot we ate all our dinners in the hotel. I know the Venetian restaurants so well. This I can say would be one of venice s best now. This hotel is truly highly recommended and in few words descrbed only as Incredibly wonderful!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel. I often find that 'it hotels' generate such high expectation that it's almost impossible for them to live up to, but Palazzina Grassi is in a league of its own. It manages to be luxurious but 'homely', extremely stylish but with an air of understated discretion and surprisingly lacking unnecessary pretension. My room was ample in size with plenty of room for luggage. It certainly 'wowed' on entry. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room silent. With a large indulgent bathroom, the room was an oasis of style and tranquility in a beautiful city. Unfortunately I only stayed for one night, but I would return without hesitation. In a city possibly lacking some contemporary style, Palazzina Grassi is a beacon of modern brilliance combining old and new... a true hotel 'experience' that one doesn't come across particularly often.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I was to Pallazina last weekend, spent my business trip there,
making shooting of a Chef. It’s difficult to describe my impressions
as it’s absolutely unforgettable. The hotel is located in a very hart of the city,
so you have access to all main places and Canal Grande.
The mix and combinations of modern art, antiques and unique pieces
makes you feel very special. The staff is very welcome!
After checking in, I was invited for a lunch. The dining area with show kitchen,
where the chef’s staff prepares the finest dishes.
During making shooting i tried culinary masterpiece, created by Chief of Palazzina.
Even if you are staying in Venice just some hours, you should go there and taste these fantastic meals!

That is surprising place where you can feel the fountain
of positive emotions and home spirit everywhere in the hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I dont usually write reviews, but the negative comments I saw on this hotel compelled me to contribute.

The Palazzina Grassi is an incredible hotel, so long as you know what you are after and in for. It isnt one of Venice's grand old hotels, but thrives on its uniqueness.

The hotel pickup from the airport was fantastic, prompt and easy and we had an impromtu tour of Venice en ruite to the hotel. Arriving we were ushered into the central restaurant/coffee area for complimentary coffee while they checked us in which was painless and efficient.

The room is spacious, beatifully decorated and incredibly welcoming. Yes, there is a shortage of storage space, but for a weekend trip it is perfect. Mirrors and lighting creates an ambient atmosphere.

The location is terrific, at first it will seem like you are in a quiet area and will never find the hotel again, but you will soon discover how close you are to all the main attractions and still have a bit of a respite from the masses of tourists.

The staff at the hotel were some of the best I've encountered - nothing was too much trouble and reservations were made easily and painlessly.

Overall, I would stay there again every time I go back to Venice - especially as we went to one of the more traditional 5 star hotels for lunch and it looked tired and stale.

Wherever your travels make take you, make the most of it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JDW07
Venice, Italy
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Small Rooms. Way to overpriced. Virtaully no closet space. Air Conditioning didnt work. TV had a constant buzzing sound, and when asked, Staff said that was normal in all rooms . Front office staff very confused and lied about facilities. Sheets had a grungy odor. Location very far from heart of Venice.The service and amenities at the restaurant were hideous. The bread was hard and was obviously old. No place mats. One waiter coudnt understand a word we said when asking for water.
All this under the umbrella of "Philip Stark", what a waste.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AAMarwan
OperationsManager81, Operations Manager at Palazzina G, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, which has received our best attention.

We regret to hear you were dissatisfied with your room and apologize both for the unfortunate experience encountered with our waiter while you were at our Bar. This issue is currently under investigation. P

lease be assured the incidents experienced are well below our usual standards and we will be following up with the department concerned. Usually we take great pride in the high standard of training that all our staff receive and consequently for the service they provide to our valued guests.

Our restaurant is provided with the most well trained staff having an important experience in the best Restaurants and Hotels worldwide. Our clientele enjoys the hotel and is fully satisfied with the special bespoke services we can give, as we are the unique in the whole city to have such a tailor made hôtellerie concept.

Palazzina Grassi is an ancient building of the 16th century: walls can’t be knocked down and spaces can’t be modified. During the offer we have specified that the Superior room you choose is the basic room, we have also proposed you the executive that is larger but you have confirmed the superior saying that it was sufficient. Our Superior are intimate and we are used to specify that.

Concerning the buzz sound of the tv, our Front Office immediately gave you another room of a higher category for free in order to make your stay comfortable and to investigate on the origin of the probable sound. Our well prepared Front Office staff is available 24 hours a day since we really want our guests to enjoy the hotel and we provide them with tailor made services and experiences starting from the personalized check in to our cuisine concept.

Breakfast is à la carte, 24 hours a day with a large selection of dishes and can be served in any space of the hotel: in the restaurant, in the room or in the Krug Lounge. Everything is homemade by our Chef: from biscuits to dumplings, from croissant to bread. Please notice that we have a selection of 5 different typologies of bread, the one you tried is very crispy and not old at all.

We have a full 5 stars service comprehensive of laundry service: sheets are washed, sterilized and changed every day. We regret you didn’t like the perfume.

Also, we are truly sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the location: we are beside Palazzo Grassi, a few steps from the Accademia bridge, 10 minutes walking from Saint Mark square and Rialto, in the artistic district of Venice, near the center and in a quiet, residential area far from the crowd. The target of our guests is very high and we are focused on maintaining their privacy: no signs outside the building, just a symbol in front of the door to recognize us.

I apologize again and would be pleased if we could possibly mend broken bridges on your next return to Venice and provide you with a more memorable experience, and therefore invite you to contact me directly prior to your next stay at linda@palazzinagrassi.com

Best regards,

Linda Mariotti
Operations Manager
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I'm a design hotel aficionado and was drawn to Palazzina Grassi after seeing it featured on the Designhotels.com website. It is a refreshing change from the typical Venetian hotel!

I'm writing this review to praise the management for superbly handling my pre-stay arrangements, despite the fact that unforeseen circumstances ended up preventing me from making my stay this past week. Almost immediately upon booking through Designhotels, I received an email from the management answering questions I had put in the comment box in the booking form. I was very impressed with this prompt and high level of service.

Then the hitch: I canceled the reservation through Designhotels.com about a week before the reservation, but due to a snafu in the process with Designhotels.com (not the hotel), Palazzina Grassi didn't receive the cancellation. Needless to say, I was very concerned at being charged due to the official cancellation policy. The management were very understanding and completely resolved my concerns, despite the fact that it wasn't their fault and they definitely went the extra mile for me.

I will definitely rebook with Palazzina Grassi when I am able to return to Venice!

Thank you for your assistance with my problem and your understanding of this situation. the management and front desk staff are fantastic!!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Stayed 21-23 August 2010, Superior room #113.
Certainly one of the most beautiful hotel I have experienced. Absolutely amazing. Wow factor as soon as entering the hotel! Philip Starck design in an excellent mix with traditional Venetian atmosphere. Colors are rich and warm. The beautiful Venetian (Murano) chandeliers are spectacular. Fantastic mirrors in all sizes everywhere. Furniture, decoration, glass sculptures, vintage objects – all items are so thought through. And yet, it is extremely cozy and welcoming. The Krug lounge is special with its furniture and décor combined with great views over the Grand Canal. The terrace on the second floor is charming. Although no great views, it’s a relaxing place to sit down at with a glass of spumanti or having your breakfast in the morning. Talking about breakfast, another great invention to serve “at any time or place of the hotel”! Walking the way to our room was a delight. The hallways are wonderfully decorated with large framed pictures standing off the walls, art pieces and grand backlit Venetian mirrors along the walk. Stunning! Our room (which “lowest” category) was of very good size with a large bathroom. Obviously the décor and design in line with what we had already experienced. Large backlit mirrors, warm dimmer controlled room lightning, design furniture and a modern bathroom in natural stone. TV is hidden in the mirror in front of the bed. IPOD plug next to the bed with ceiling speakers in room and bathroom. Bed was ultra comfortable. Although no views, which a pity, however only believe there are some suites with Grand Canal view.

Personalized service with a very attentive and polite staff. Easy check-in over a welcoming glass of prosecco or cup of coffee. Breakfast was basically anything you could wish for. A perfect location. There is a gondola service taking you over to the other side of the canal, which is very convenient. Hotel price fairly good for Venice, although everything consumed in the hotel is expensive! There is no personal on the terrace so think they should have a telephone enabling customers to make orders from the bar or restaurant. But all in all: a terrific experience and would be a pleasure to stay at the Palazzina Grassi again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple