“A perfect Venice retreat”

Hotel a La Commedia
Ranked #32 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a superb hotel!! The rooms are beautiful, clean and well appointed. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The buffet breakfast is fabulous!! The hotel is very well situated, just a few minutes walk from the Rialto taxis stop and about five minutes from St Marks Square. Unfortunately, this can make it a little bit noisy sometimes with people walking from the vaporetta to St Marks, but this is what you pay for the convenience of being so close to everything!

We will definitely return here when we come back to Venice. It is absolutely perfect!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrigtrogK

Reviewed March 13, 2014

A weekend away minus our small children for my husband and I. Hotel situated a couple of minutes walk from the rialto water taxi stop. No view of the grand canal ( unless you hung out of the bathroom window!) We were up graded but I suspect this room is often used for that purpose because the noise from the generater or airconditioning unit or whatever it was was quite annoying. If I had recieved that room after booking a junior suite I would have been disappointed but because they'd upgraded us we didn't bother. Well situated to walk to many attractions such as Saint Marcs Square. The staff were excellent and recommended super places to eat. The roof top bar was a really great touch and the Bellini's better than the ones in Harry's bar!!! It was October but mild (we are English remember) and we had the place to ourselves.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank familyD10
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly situated, 1 minute to Rialto & 5 minutes to San Marco. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is spotlessly clean. We had room 304 which is large with a balcony & in a quiet position. Breakfast was delicious, continental with scrambled eggs & bacon. The roof terrace is a real gem, it was really warm for March so was lovely to sit up there with a glass of wine. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a wonderful stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarrieRoberts
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel treated us better then any other during our stay in Italy. I would strongly recommend staying here. Great location, comfortable rooms but most of all.. amazing service.

We were upgraded upon arrival, front desk booked reservations for all our dinners and set up our taxi ride back to the airport.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DDay11
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Geez where do I start!!!
I picked this hotel out of 1000s hotels in Venice!!, boy did I make a mistake!!!, I reserved it based on fact that I will be arriving April.1st, leaving April.7th (thanks God I picked the more expensive reservation with free cancellation within 3 days before my arrival as the one that is cheaper is final reservation!) later I found out that my airline ticket was made for March.31st arrival and leaving on April.6th, so I emailed this hotel two times, waited and waited for 5 days, no one answered me, I then used the hotel website email (not the one that came with the reservation confirmation) and I told them what was the problem and I asked them to change it for me, however, someone answered me and asked me to cancel my reservation, I answered them back telling them I do not want to cancel, all what I need is to change it, they ignored me for two days and again, they answered me that I have to go to a different site, cancel it and redo the reservation, I was shocked with such cold treatment, why the heck they do not do it themselves, I have made reservation at Westin, Marriott and top 5 stars hotels and I have often changed my reservations by email and they all were nice and responded very fast.
I then got email from this hotel that they canceled my reservation!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank LAinCA
Reviewed March 5, 2014

What a fabulous time we had-worth every penny. We took a water taxi to the hotel which stops at Rialto and made our 5 minute walk to the hotel so convenient. The staff at this hotel are wonderful. They were even in costume for the Carnival. We had room 205, which was a little small, but beautiful and we didn't intend to be there much. The bed was extremely comfortable and the nightly chocolates a treat. Breakfast was very good with lots of choice. We went to the Hotel Luna Baglioni for a costume and masked evening of wonderful food and drink all evening. The entertainers were funny, as was our participation in two dances ! As it was Carnival everywhere was packed, but recommendations from Robert and Andrea on reception still managed to find us a restaurant or two. We highly recommend Ai Mercati and Bistro de Venise (a little expensive, but worth it). Another jewel of a place is I Rusteghi, where you will find excellent wines, hams and cheeses.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I have just come back from a 4 day stay at A La Commedia. I strongly recommend this hotel! Excellent location, the staff are very friendly and the room was very clean. We had a slight issue with the key to our door which stopped working, however as soon as we reported this to the reception, the staff acted promptly and efficiently, offered us a complimentary coffee for the inconvenience as we waited for them to fix it. I love the decor of the rooms... very Italian, the breakfast was tasty as well! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple