“Two nights in Venice”

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #84 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The Hilton Molino Stucky proved to be a pleasant surprise. I was concerned about its location on Giudecca, across the lagoon from Venice proper. However, the hotel's private water shuttle eliminated any concern I had. It ran twice per hour with two convenient drop off / pick up locations on Venice. When the shuttle filled up, the hotel paid for a water taxi to transport the overflow. A nice gesture. The Executive Lounge was a bit small and crowded for breakfast and happy hour. However, it had an excellent selection of snacks and drinks. The rooftop pool was appealing, offering spectacular views of the surrounding city, but the pool deck was very crowded. The staff was friendly, receptive, and spoke English very well. Giudecca is quiet and far removed from the busy sidewalks of Venice - a nice retreat after a day of touring. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There were affordable restaurants within walking distance along with a bakery, butcher shop, etc. Getting to the hotel from the airport seemed a bit complex so we opted for a mini bus / water taxi combination service. There were 8 of us and we negotiated door to door service for 110 euro. Mini bus from the airport to the island of Venice followed by a water taxi from there to the Hilton. Upon leaving, via train, the hotel arranged another water taxi for 80 euro to the station. The Nutella Bar in the courtyard was a hit with the kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcusNH
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.
I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice and found our staff to be helpful and professional. It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice soon.

Best regards,

Ilio Rodoni

Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a stunning hotel, but if you're on a budget (especially a tight one) then this hotel is not for you. We paid around $450 a night for the deluxe sweet with a view. The room was gorgeous, with a decent view of the Canal, but the first thing I found when I went into the bathroom was huge toe-nail clippings on the floor. Yes, I know this doesn't happen everyday, but it's still pretty disgusting. When we complained they offered no compensation and it took an hour and a half for a maid to come clean it up. The restaurants (apart from the Nutella patio) were decently priced, depending on what your budget is, I guess. For example, at the restaurant in the lobby, a hamburger and fries is €22, but if you go across the Canal to the Square, you can find a three for €15-€20, without a cover charge. I would almost understand charging non-guests a cover fee, but really? You're going to charge €3 a person to SIT DOWN in the hotel that were staying at?
The shuttle boat service is great. Prompt and quick- but I am certain that they only offer it for free because no one would stay here if they didn't.
In your room, bottled water is €6. We were told that was an "average" price, but in town you can find it for €1,50 or even cheaper, so stock up.
You would think that after paying this much money for a room that they would include even a continental breakfast, but they don't. We were offered a rate of €15 a day for a breakfast buffet, which we are satisfied with.
The skytop bar is beautiful, but with a margarita costing €14, we didn't even bother. It just doesn't even make sense for us to spend that much on a drink (were from Canada so the exchange rate is high).
There is only wifi in public areas for free which, again, is ridiculous considering how much you pay to stay here.
Beautiful hotel, but be prepared to be milked for every last penny!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Lauren H
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for posting an exhaustive review on TripAdvisor and for sharing your opinion on the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.

We acknowledge your observations on prices, though I can also assure you that prices of food and beverage in our bars and restaurants are in line with other 5-stars hotels in Venice.

Your comments are being reviewed and we are looking forward to welcoming you again, not only at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice but also at any of our other Hilton hotels.

Best regards,

Ilio Rodoni

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Such a shame - was really looking forward to this hotel after reading great reviews and was such a let down. Pool dirty with black bits floating in it - none of our 6 children would go back in it they were so disgusted. This was the main reason I'd chosen this hotel as we were travelling with 6 children. Hotel is a maze - and the extremely unfriendly receptionist did not bother to explain where each room was so were wandering around like sheep..... We booked the hotel in January (for an August booking) sending a note that the two families and children obviously wanted to be near each other. We ended up with our children being put in another building and the other rooms on the opposite side to each other of the main building.
Waiting for the shuttle boat is in the baking sun - sometimes so many people you have to wait for the next one... Receptionist told us breakfast cost 15€ per person. Next day we went to book it and we were told it was 20€ per person - the 15€ was a special offer for the first day - however, no-one informed us of this....I think they are so busy that customer service is not important anymore - they know they are going to fill up the romos nomatter what. Wifi only free in reception - so there are no free seats as all the Chinese pile in with at least one appliance per hand.
Good things: 9€ per person shuttle service direct to cruise terminal, quality of breakfasts, gym, open 24/7, free computer with internet in the lobby hidden away - but no-one tells you about this.

Room Tip: Ask for same building if getting more tan one room so your party stays together. In the other buildi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara1969_12
Reviewed August 21, 2014

As I only spent one night in Venice this trip - I didn't spend much time at the hotel. However, the check-in went quickly and as I arrived quite early in the day my room was not yet ready but they took my luggage and put me in the executive lounge and then the skies opened, thunder and lightening and heavy rains. Now I was trying to figure out how to spend the day in Venice on my own and the manager heard me mention I had wanted to go to Murano - but wasn't sure since it was raining. He quite nicely let me know that the hotel had a private boat coming at noon to take another family on a tour of a glass blowing factory, it was all indoors and that the factory would then provide a free shuttle back to St Marks. How perfect! And I was even handed an umbrella on my way out to the water taxi!

Rooms were large for Venice standards, very comfortable beds and the staff was very nice and helpful. Yes, you did need to adhere to their water taxi times or take a public water taxi and walk a bit - which we did after dinner that evening and again in the morning to get to the train station - but this was all simple and easy to do. As a Hilton Diamond member I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next trip to Venice and maybe get a chance to see and enjoy more of the hotel. Wish it had been a nicer day/evening weather wise so I could have enjoyed rooftop pool and bar -

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed August 20, 2014

What an amazing hotel!

This hotel is in a beautifully restored old building, just across from St Mark's Square on Guidecca island. The rooms were perfect, with just the right combination of class and comfort. The bathroom is beautifully designed, and the beds a extremely comfortable. The wallpaper really adds to the upscale old world charm. Definitely make sure to check out the beautiful views of Venice from the rooftop pool/bar.

A shuttle boat (free) is necessary to bring you back and forth between the square, and is sometimes full on the return journey to the hotel, so make sure to have a little patience (this is Italy, after all!), but I personally felt that this added to the Venetian charm of the hotel.

Make sure to take an evening stroll down Guidecca. We stopped at a lovely waterfront restaurant for pizza and vino, where we could watch Venice light up across the way to our left, and listen as locals greeted each other on our right.

The hotel is easy to reach from the airport (but about an hour and a half, so make sure to get a window as the boat circles most of Venice first) and even easier from the cruise terminal (5 mins), both of which connect to the hotel via water bus (Aliguna blue line).

The staff were quite friendly, knowledgeable, and had an excellent command of English. Would certainly stay here again on any trip to Venice!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian K
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of an Italian tour. This hotel is across from the main tourist area of Venice, but offers a free shuttle to and from. The pool has a beautiful view of the canal and was a relaxing place to spend our last afternoon. The prices of drinks and food are a little crazy, but it is Venice! We were disappointed that the Sky Bar had private parties the first two nights we were there so we couldn't check it out until the end of our trip. Rooms were large, bed was heavenly. Bathrooms are bigger than the hotel we stayed at in Rome!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tdkiely2127
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We just returned from a four night stay at the Molino Stucky Hilton. The hotel was lovely though not in Venice proper, it was just a shuttle boats ride away from Venice.

The shuttle was great and made it easy to travel back and forth to the island. The downside was that the shuttle was often full and left us stranded to find another way back or wait for 20-60 minutes or more.

The room was lovely and spacious, the beds comfortable. The sofa bed that my daughter slept on was horrible and unstable. Had she been a larger person she would have fallen through to the floor.

Since we had a suite, we had access to the executive lounge which served breakfast and happy hour snacks and wine for free. Great perk! But the place was super crowded and we were even turned away twice.

The rooftop pool was lovely, great view from the roof. Again there was a serious downside, only about 20 lounge chairs are available so you have to get to them early, I mean really early, like when the pool opens at 8am.

So our stay was nice but not perfect and I am not sure I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family