The Hilton Molino Stucky proved to be a pleasant surprise. I was concerned about its location on Giudecca, across the lagoon from Venice proper. However, the hotel's private water shuttle eliminated any concern I had. It ran twice per hour with two convenient drop off / pick up locations on Venice. When the shuttle filled up, the hotel paid for a water taxi to transport the overflow. A nice gesture. The Executive Lounge was a bit small and crowded for breakfast and happy hour. However, it had an excellent selection of snacks and drinks. The rooftop pool was appealing, offering spectacular views of the surrounding city, but the pool deck was very crowded. The staff was friendly, receptive, and spoke English very well. Giudecca is quiet and far removed from the busy sidewalks of Venice - a nice retreat after a day of touring. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There were affordable restaurants within walking distance along with a bakery, butcher shop, etc. Getting to the hotel from the airport seemed a bit complex so we opted for a mini bus / water taxi combination service. There were 8 of us and we negotiated door to door service for 110 euro. Mini bus from the airport to the island of Venice followed by a water taxi from there to the Hilton. Upon leaving, via train, the hotel arranged another water taxi for 80 euro to the station. The Nutella Bar in the courtyard was a hit with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Splitty, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton