Stayed here over Valentines Day and the opening weekend of the Venice Carnival. The hotel is set in a converted warehouse on the quiet island of Giudecca. There is a free shuttle operated by the hotel which runs every 50 minutes to Zattere and San Marco with a journey time of around 10 minutes, though there are breaks in this schedule at times throughout the day, with the last one back to the hotel at around half past midnight. It is worth noting also that it is only about a 10-15 minute walk from Zattere (the first stop) to San Marco via the Accademia Bridge which we found to be quite pleasant. There is also a public Vaporetto station a short walk from the hotel which runs frequent services to San Marco for 4.00 euro, which we had to use on the morning of our departure as the hotel-run shuttle was full to capacity.
The hotel communal spaces are attractive and our room on the fourth floor was clean, spacious and well equipped, if a little worn in places. Staff we encountered particularly on reception and in the Aromi Bar were friendly and helpful. We were slightly disappointed to find that the Skyline Bar and Pool area on the roof were closed for refurbishment, especially since the weather that weekend was mild and pleasant, which was not advertised prior or explained on check-in. We also felt that signage inside the hotel was confusing and made navigating the maze of corridors and several separate banks of elevators a task. We never did find the Bacaromi Restaurant! As a younger couple, who booked the hotel on a very good deal through British Airways Holidays, we found dining in the hotel restaurants extraordinarily expensive, especially breakfast which was not included in our deal, so we dined elsewhere in the City for most of our stay in Venice. We did however make use of the Aromi Bar a couple of times which was pleasant and the service good.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton and our Valentines break in Venice, and would recommend and return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton