“Great base to see amazing Venice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #82 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great base to see amazing Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went to the Molino Stucky for a conference. It is a large hotel (not everyone's taste maybe) and a bit of a trip away from the main part of Venice. However, this slight inconvenience and the size are worth it as the hotel has everything you need; good, modern, quiet rooms, a great roof top bar and pool, and a handy and free shuttle boat service to Piazza San Marco to name a few. The business faciltiies are good and they are quite separate from the main hotel, so workers and holidaymakers dont impact on each other!

Room Tip: I had A105 - at a low level overlooking the big channel to the main part of Venice. Being low level...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame

We are happy to hear that your stay at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice was satisfactory. Your comments will be shared among our employees.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again, not only at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice but also at any of our other Hilton hotels.

Alessandro Cabella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, room is small, but artistic and comfortable.

The hotel is located on the island opposite to the main island, it has free shuttle boat to 2 main attractions, San Marco etc.

The pool on the roof is really nice, sunbathing while overlooking the beautiful scenaries of Venice.

There are a few restaurants on the island and the hotel reataurants are very good.

There are some tourists from the cruise ships but the hotel is big enough to accommodate without feeling packed.

• Stayed June 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on the 19th and 20th of June 2013. The hotel was everything that we have come to expect from Hilton Group. The rooms were comfortable, the bars and restaurants very good and air-conditioned.

Of particular note is the roof bar which is superb for a drink after a night out in Venice or, as was the case with us, a masked ball!

We found the staff to be very helpful and customer focused.

Unfortunately, our stay was marred by my falling whilst alighting from a water taxi and fracturing my shoulder and badly damaging my ribs. The staff was efficient in calling a doctor and an ambulance to take me to the local hospital. But the accident could have been avoided if grab handles or safety rails had been available at the taxi point.

This is a major health and safety issue that Hilton Hotels should address urgently.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Philip K
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We arrived in Venice to go straight to the Mediterranean cruise on the Norwegian Jade, which was fantastic! Returning to port, we found the public boat a wonderful inexpensive experience depositing us a few feet from the Hilton shuttle to travel to the hotel. We felt that we had walked into a hotel dream! The customer service was outstanding, the hotel impeccable! While I see there are complaints about it being across from the city center, the free shuttle offered was always prompt, and traveling with my 23 year old daughter, Venice at night is a little sketchy, so to be able to escape to a beautiful rooftop pool, with amazing views, made us feel safe and secure. The spa was also beautiful, and after being disappointed with our first meal in the city center, de died to eat at the hotel resturant, Aromi, which was 5 Star, and right on the canal. Sergio, our waiter, catered to our every need, making this a highlight of our trip!

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Stryke8
Dear Sir/Madame,

We are happy to hear that your stay at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice was satisfactory and we are glad that you have appreciated the dining experience at our Aromi restaurant. Your comments will be shared among our employees.

Thank you for being our Guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you again, not only at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice but also at any of our other Hilton hotels.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is new, beautiful, modern. The rooms are large and nice! The hotel is located in its own little island with amazing views of Venice and the channels and offers a free hotel boat transportation that runs back and forth from the hotel to San Mark square every 15 minutes. Very convenient!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Titigomezariza

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

A group of four of us visited Venice in May and decided to stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky Hotel. I am so glad that we did. It was a first class all the way from the spacious rooms, rooftop pool and Skyline bar with breathtaking views of Venice to the complimentary boat shuttle. The hotel offers this service on a regular schedule throughout the day. The check in process was flawless and all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered every morning had several options. Although the Molino Stucky doesn’t offer a shuttle service from the train station, it is quite easy taking either a water taxi or water bus to reach the hotel. The only drawback is that the hotel doesn't offer free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Rockville, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

As a Hilton Diamond member, I booked this hotel using points almost 9 months in advance. Many months later I made a separate booking also using points for a one night stay for my parents. For some reason, I think it had to do with the upgrade to the hotel's computer system, my reservation was messed up twice, cancelled or my name changed. It was very scary to have this happen two days before my travel. Fortunately, I'm the kind of person who reviews the reservations frequently and was able to notice that my reservation was missing and Hilton had to conference in with the hotel to get this fixed. I'm now back in the US and Hilton Honors had to help me get the points for my stay, as they were missing also.

in any case, we arrived at a time when the hotel was sold out due to the Bienale. We received a room in the ground level with a view to another wall and it was very dark. I have to admit I was very frustrated and expected a lot more, especially due to all I went through with my reservation. I didn't feel any special treatement for being a Hilton Diamond. I did complain about the room that was assigned to us, and we were transferred to a slightly better room, with more light. I appreciate that the manager did her best to accommodate us. I guess I was expecting one of the beautiful rooms or suites I've heard Hilton Diamond members usually get there, but I wasn't one of the lucky ones. My parents received the room next to ours, but I was surprised to see that even though it had a desk, there was no desk lamp, so when working all the room lights had to be turned on, but the desk area was still dark. The hotel is beautiful, but I do find the service not to be of top quality. I do appreciate the effort made to accommodate us and hope to be able to visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CGriffiths
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Griffiths,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way, however we are most appreciative of your TripAdvisor review regarding your stay at our hotel. You can be assured that we are most concerned we were not able to offer you the right Hilton experience.

Unfortunately, as by you mentioned, your arrival in Venice coincided with the opening of the Biennale Art event and being the hotel fully booked we were not able to offer you the complimentary upgrade which, as you know is, for our valued HHonors Members, only upon avilability.

Nevertheless I am pleased that our Guest Relations Manager could offer you at least an upgrade to an Executive room with garden view.

Your comments are being reviewed and we are looking forward to welcoming you again, not only at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice but also at any of our other Hilton hotels.