We've just spent 4 nights at the Molino Stucky Hilton and were highly impressed by every aspect of the hotel.
We occupied a Tower Suite which had a fantastic panoramic view of the lagoon across to the Zattere promenade and to San Marco in the distance. The room itself was magnificent with quality furnishings throughout, a lovely bedroom with enormous bed, superb marble bathroom, a lobby area, second bathroom and huge lounge with dining area. There were flat screen TVs in the lounge and bedroom which unusually provided BBC1 and 2 - top marks Hilton!
The hotel is based around the expansive lobby area which is opulent and well served by plenty of willing staff. There are several restaurants but we chose to eat only in the Bacaromi which offered really high quality Italian cuisine in a relaxed but refined environment.
We visited during Carnevale and enjoyed the party held in the Skyline Bar which was very buzzy and great fun. Drinks were expensive by UK standards but not by comparison to other bars and restaurants in Venice.
We had use of the Executive Lounge area in the lobby area which offered all day drinks and nibbles with a super lagoon view. Happy hour with complimentary alcoholic drinks was a welcome addition too.
Clearly there are some restrictions to the Hilton being situated on Guidecca which is quieter and has many fewer cultural attractions than the main body of Venice but we found it a peaceful haven and a welcome retreat from the crowds and madness of San Marco and surrounding areas. The complimentary ferry takes you directly to San Marco or Zattere every 20-30 minutes and is very prompt and efficient.
All in all we greatly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton which is a top notch hotel with excellent facilities in a superb location. Having stayed in Venice many times before in all the best hotels I think we would definitely make the Molino Stucky our first choice for our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton