WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #83 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Boise, Idaho
“Fabulous Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was an interesting start when the boat was full from St Marco Square and we couldn't get to the hotel our first try, then had the desk clerk take a look at us once we did get there and make a remark about dress codes for the restaurants (we were backpacking and had just come from an overnight train experience...) but that was the end of anything negative. We got a great room facing the canal and watched a cruise ship pass by as we unpacked and started our stay. The boat dock on the other side of the Grand Canal was always easier and less crowded to use than St Marco Square (learned after we didn't have luggage to tote!!!) Food is very expensive at the hotel, and cheaper and much better at quaint little restaurants throughout the city, so would recommend heading out for meals and experience the locale (my normal recommendation anyway... not there to experience the hotel!) Overall an incredible stay in an incredible city, and am planning a return trip next year!

Room Tip: Facing the canal was a bit noisier, but more than made up for it with watching boat traffic and feel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GoBSUBroncos
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments on this website. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the hotel services and facilities. We acknowledge your comments on prices, though I can also assure you that prices of food and beverage in our bars and restaurants are in line with other 5-stars hotels in Venice.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards.
Alessandro Cabella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Piedmont, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel - just not extra special. It is located across a canal from "Venice" proper but there is a frequent and convenient shuttle that goes to St. Marks square regularly so not much of an inconvenience.

This is a big hotel and feels like it. The rooms are very nice and well appointed. We had a suite overlooking the canal. The front desk was especially friendly and helpful. The hotel connects several historical buildings and it does not feel like an impersonal modern hotel.

The "executive lounge" was a very narrow glass walled off area in the main lobby that wasn't especially nice.

The breakfast buffet is ok but the food is in one room access only by a narrow hall and hordes of people trying to go through in both directions.

Overall I have no complaints about this hotel but it is nothing really special either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David S
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your positive comments concerning your stay at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
We also acknowledge and appreciate your criticism as it will help us to improve the quality of the service offered to our guests. We place great value on your opinion and hope we may look forward to welcoming you with us again in a not too far distance.
Best regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you are looking for the ambiance of a historic Venetion property with the comfort and security of a North American style hotel, the Hilton Molino Stucky is for you. Situated on the island of Guidecca, you are a hop, skip, and jump on the hotel's own water taxi service, or the public service nearby to all that Venice has to offer, including the Main Island, the ferry terminal and San Marco Square. The island is much quieter than San Marco, but so close! The rooms are small (but it IS Venice, so to be expected) but modern, and well equipped. The rooftop bar and pool are really enjoyable. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was very good (is there bad food in Italy?). However, la piece de resistance is the morning hotel buffet.....OMG - this is some of the best food in the world. From fresh cheeses, to fresh fish, to fresh yoghurts, to fresh prepared foods, to fresh coffee......I could go on and on. It was fabulous.

We had a very good rate of about 140 euro in high season, breaskfast included, for a smallish but well equipped and modern room. But, hey, when in Venice, you don't go there to sleep.

One peice of advice - Everything in Venice takes 10 times as long to acheive, so allow lots of time to get to the airport on your departure. There is no such thing a fast water taxi in Venice, and they are rarely on time.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet. If you plan to eat at the hotel, budget an "early" dinner. Restau...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alicia Z
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the positive review posted on this website. We appreciate your nice comments on the famous Hilton’s breakfast and on the efficiency of our complimentary shuttle service which is offered to our Guest in order for them to reach the main Island and San Marco in 5 and 15 minutes.
The Hilton Molino Stucky is located in the Giudecca island, a nice and quiet residential area, just a 12 minutes boat ride from the crowded city centre and is specially appreciated from guests and visitors who like to enjoy a more relaxing side of Venice.
Thank you also for the kind comments with regards to the room equipment. May I take this opportunity to inform you that the hotel has various and different levels of rooms, from standard to deluxe and executive rooms and suites. The standard King size rooms are indeed very comfortable but sometimes smaller than the ones of higher categories. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future to let you experience another memorable stay with us.
Kind regards
Vitoria, ES
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I could have a much better experience at this hotel. The structure is amazing, the staff not so amazing.
I am a diamond member and I invited friend to stay with us. I did not receive a upgrade for my room and stayed in a tiny room, but for my surprise, my guest received and amazing room, a super upgrade…it was my first disappointment.
As a Diamond member we have access to the executive lounge, where they offer food and beverages for some “special guests” and we had access to this area where you can access with your key card. My partner entered in this area when the door was open and a waiter hold his arms in front of everybody and made him pass trhu a very embarrassing situation that we will never forget, It was on December 31. Of course I complained once, twice and only after my third time, when I decided to call the Hilton Headquarter in the US I received some excuses. The manager asked if I would like the waiter come to my room to appologise (What embassared situation…nonsense). In the sequence he asked if I want something like a sparkling wine as a compensation. You know, it made feel worse, because in the end, It was not my responsibility to fix or decided how to fix the situation. They should be much much much more efficient.
Another terrible situation was the concierge. I would like an indication to have dinner at the New Years Eve. I was there waiting for this guy for more than 20 minutes while he was “making another reservation online” for a guest who was there. After a long wait a girls asked me if she could do something for me. I explained I was looking for a restaurant and she entered the concierge room and return to me in seconds saying “all restaurants are full in Venice tonight”. I just went to my, made a phone call, just one, and I had a great table in a great restaurant for this evening.
SO DISAPPOINTED

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ElcioBR
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. Let me first apologize about your unpleasant stay and the general impression you had at our hotel.
As far as the Concierge staff, I apologize if their knowledge resulted not sufficient to you and I will personally look into it and take action in order to improve that service. Also the other points have been taken into consideration and were matter of discussion in our Department Heads meeting in order to improve the quality of the service offered to our Guests and to take corrective actions. I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in our hotel and I am sure that next time we won't disappoint you. Thank you for being our Guest,
Kind regards,
General Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed there a few months ago. The location was convenient in that it was across the water from St. Marco square, and there was frequent hotel provided water transportation. The hotel was clean, with a couple of nice restaurants. Rooms were a little small, but probably better than most in the area. Very nice roof top pool with great views. The hotel lobby lounge was a nice place to get breakfast, or a cup of coffee. The hotel provided water transportation has certain working hours, so you should check their schedule, and plan accordingly

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Frequent T
Dear Guest,
thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice and we hope we can welcome you soon again here in Venice.
Thank you for being our guest. Kind regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This one is located quietly in Giudecca, away from the touristy hustle bustle which sometimes is bothersome. But this does not affect the connectivity as the hotel's water cab takes you to the touristy spots of st marco square and other locations conveniently on time table.

The hotel itself is cosy, comfortable with art decor. You would certainly enjoy your stay here :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rajkul
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you had a good time at our property and we thank you very much for your positive review. We are pleased that your enjoyed the accommodation as well as the efficiency of our complimentary shuttle service. It is also important to know that you enjoyed the quietness of the Giudecca island to escape the more crowded areas in the city centre. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again here at the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards,
Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel with a courteous and friendly staff. They were very tolerant of my attempts at speaking Italian and graciously helped me along in finding the correct words. The hotel is located on the island of Giudecca and has a continuous shuttle boat that runs between Giudecca and two stops on either side of the Gran Canal. My family (wife, 18yr old son, 12yr old daughter and me) found Giudecca to be a great starting and ending point for the day. It is much quieter and less touristy than the main islands of Venice. The hotel has fantastic views from the guestrooms and the breakfast was over-the-top!!! Make sure to take in the sights from the rooftop pool deck. We enjoyed Venice and this hotel so much that we are planning another trip to Italy this summer and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and comments on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have specially appreciated the location on the Giudecca island.
We are delighted to read that you liked our property and the view from your accommodation and we are especially glad that you found our staff courteus and helpfull.
Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards.