Domus Cavanis
$313
$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection(Venice)(Great Value!)
$371
Hotel Dona Palace(Venice)
$363
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall bathroomdoge's palacethe main hotelhammin walkwater taxiaccademiavaporetto
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We were on a budget but wanted to have the experience of living in Venice close to canals and within walking distance of St Mark's Square. After a lot of research I found this hotel...so glad I did! All we wanted were quiet comfortable clean warm rooms (we came in February) with plenty of hot water and a good shower...and that is exactly what we got. And I loved all the riotous red and gold decor and the soft padded walls! The receptionists at the Bel Arti hotel were friendly and helpful and even though there are no receptionists in The Domus, we felt looked after and very quickly called it "home". And breakfast was very nice. We had a great holiday here and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have booked and paid a non-refundable double room at Domus Cavanis via AGODA.
But since it was a high season (between Christmas and New Year time), the Domus Cavanis Hotel* must have been overbooked, so we got a room in its sister hotel, at Hotel Belle Arti*** without any extra payment or charge.
(Please note when you book a hotel, the price does not include the local tourist tax, which has to be paid upon arrival.)

The reception of Hotel Belle Arti, at which you have to do your check-in (also for the Domus Cavanis), pretends to be super busy. The staff do not provide tourist information in extended level, they only do their minimum.
Until you do not start asking questions, they are nice.
If you want to keep this kind attitude of theirs, I advise you not force receiving answer to your touristic questions... :) If you need plus info about dining or POIs, buy a book or look for a tourist info center.

The breakfast for Domus Cavanis Hotel is also arranged at the Hotel Belle Arti, which we found to be very good. It is true that the type of food is the same every morning (ham, cheese, bread, cakes, yoghurt, muesli, coffee, tea, juices, etc.) but the sortiment and the volume is enough and their quality is perfect.

The location of Domus Cavanis and Hotel Belle Arti is simply excellent.
The best way to find them is with vaporetto (eg. #1), which stops at Academia. You only have to get off, turn left and almost immediately right and after an appr. 1 min. walk on a flat street, you arrive to the check-in desk.
(We've seen sooo many people struggling with their huge luggages on wheels throught the steps and bridges in the inner city.)

The location is good also for visiting the city. San Marco Square and all main tourist attractions are close (in appr. 5-10 min. walk distance).

The price of the Domus Cavanis Hotel is unbeatable in Venice.

So in general I highly recommend this hotel chain.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Domus Cavanis it's a normal place, nothing special but it's OK. It has everything you need: perfect location, cleanliness, good heating, hot water, nice breakfast, silence (if you don't have too noisy neighbours). But nothing more, for example you have to make the check-in and breakfast in an other hotel, near the place, in Domus Cavanis you can't find any member of the staff. A simple place to stay, but if you aren't too exigent, and you are a low-budget traveller, it's perfect, we liked it!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank patkosvero
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is without doubt the worst hotel I have ever encountered. It quickly becomes evident in Venice that securing return customers is low on the list of priorities.

The 5 or 6 receptionists encountered at this hotel were nothing short of rude. They did their very best not to speak to me at all, and when pressed for information would either say, 'I don't know' or just make something up entirely to get rid or the pestering customer (like sending me on a wild goose chase looking for a non-existent laundromat).

The room was okay; and obviously your dollar gets you much less in Venice than I would say anywhere else I have ever visited.

The free breakfast was not worth fronting up for, and staffed again by extremely rude people.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2011

If you want to spend about $200 American dollars (which is cheap in Venice.. so I now know) and don't mind a teeny-tiny bathroom/shower... the flattest pillows I have ever seen and no air conditioning, the location is terrific. I will admit that the only reason I booked here is because all the other reasonably priced (less than $300) per night hotels were full. The location is great, and the room was clean. I would have been much more tolerant of the whole situation if the air conditioning had worked. I even had them come check it - and because the fan was blowing - they insisted it was working, even though it was 85 degrees in the room.
The bed was soft enough, but the pillows were flat and old and the blanket was so itchy we had to throw it on the floor (not like we needed it anyway.)
Apparently the breakfast was included - but they did not tell us that, and I was so mad in the morning we left.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple