My husband and I stayed here back in September for 2 nights so this review is long overdue! First of all, we had train issues getting into Venice so we arrived much later than expected and were unable to call to inform Lucca that we would be running late. Nevertheless, we reached the place and had the bar next door call. He was very gracious and checked us in at 8pm. We had a surprise bottle of Prosecco awaiting us in the fridge which was the perfect way to welcome us to Venice! We ate down the hotel at Harry's and enjoyed the amazing views off Giudecca Island. The entire suite was so spacious...an entire room for seating and the mini-kitchen/dining and a separate bedroom. Also, the bathroom was by far one of the largest we stayed in from our entire trip. Having the kitchen stocked daily was a great help and we really felt at home. Also, the complimentary water taxi to St. Marks was very convenient as you can reach any part of Venice from there. If you stay at the Hilton Stucky next door, you would be paying at least 3x the rate and not get the wonderful service like you get from here. I would recommend this place to all my family and friends that are traveling to Venice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury apartments decorated in a 17th century Venetian Style with all the modern comforts are located on the top floors of the right wing of the Molino Stucky, a late 19th century art nouveau grain mill on the Giudecca Island in Venice. Six of our apartments overlook Venice. Each of them with a unique view of the Serenissima. Their size varies from 45 to 90 square meters with high wooden ceilings, big queen size beds, spacious living rooms and bathrooms in Verona marble. We are only 10 minutes by boat from Saint Marks Square and 5 minutes from the Grand Canal. After a long and complex restoration finished in 2003, the Molino Stucky is one of the finest and most comfortable buildings in the city. We assure you that our luxury apartments and the peaceful Island of the Giudecca are the way of enjoying a relaxing holiday in Venice. This Island, just across from Saint Marks Square, has always been one of the favorite summer places of the noble Venetian families who built beautiful villas surrounded by lovely gardens and orchards, as well as churches, monasteries and convents. Some are still standing and others like the monastery of San Biagio became the Molino Stucky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Residenza Grandi Vedute reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Grandi Vedute Hotel Venice
- Residenza Grandi Vedute Venice