“Quiet beach get away”

and up
72-Hour Venice Transports Pass
Ranked #39 of 775 things to do in Venice
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lido is a beautiful beach Island just 15 min boatride from Venice. Its perfect for a quiet beachday when you're tired of getting kost in Venice alleys ;-). You can find beach chairs for a good price and you can also sun bath at the free beach. Afterwords you can get a Aperol Spritz at Quattro Fontain before heading back to the main Island.

1  Thank Isabelle S
There are newer reviews for Lido

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

really nice little island 10 mins from Venice, very pretty with a great (albeit rather crowded) beach and lots of nice little cafes and restaurants.

2  Thank Corrine I
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been to Venice twice, and stayed on Lido both times. I like being away from the hustle and bustle of Venice, the pace is more relaxed and there is the added bonus of the beach. It really isn't a big deal travelling from Lido to Venice and back several times during your stay. The Vaporetti run often and if you buy an inexpensive travel card for the duration it doesn't cost a great deal. You can hire bikes and cycle round the island. There is a very good supermarket if you are self catering, lots of bars, shops and restaurants. It is also cheaper to stay here than in Venice itself, so you can get a better quality hotel, pay less for your stay, have the benefit of the beach and still enjoy everything about Venice.

2  Thank Debbiedoodle1
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Before we set off for Venice, I must admit, I was panicking about staying in a hotel on the Lido. My partner and I like to do our own thing in our own time & I was anxious about going back and forth from Venice to Lido as our trip was mainly about Venice.

I need not have worried. The boats run very regularly, we took one back at around 1am one night & you can see on the little electronic board the times, they seem to run through most of the night so you could still spend a long night in Venice and get back ok. I would totally recommend buying the Travel Venezia card if you're spending more than a day around this area. It cost us 50 euros for a 7 day card (we were there 6 days) and it is valid on all boats around the Venezia (we used to it to get to Murano and back and forth from Venice - Lido). It sounds like a lot but if you think about it, you'll be hopping on and off boats all day long, it will soon add up. The only thing I think is not included on this travel card was the trip to and from the airport, we bought a 2nd ticket for this which was a return anyway.

Lido itself is quiet and tranquil, more like the chilled out Italy I know rather than the mania that Venice itself can be. I would totally recommend staying here if you wish for peace, quiet and cleaner air but just be aware, there are cars here so check both ways before crossing the road! They do not speak much English here so be sure to crack out the italian phrase book!

Didn't get to check out the beach as they were mainly private where we stayed but I'm sure they were nice. I think if I were to re-visit, I would stay here again but if money was no object, for pure convenience and being in the heart of things, I would opt to stay in Venice next time. :)

2  Thank Suzy C
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Please make a day trip enroute to murano!
The shops and eateries were less commercialised than the mainland!
Shame we only had an hour to do this island
Beautiful and lively
Great street to grab a coffee and people watch

1  Thank Travelstar2013