“Small but wonderful”

Ranked #187 of 468 Venice B&B and Inns
Regina, Canada
“Small but wonderful”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed with them in a single room during the 2013 carnival. When I was there we experienced some serious high water (some of the highest on record, I understand) and my room got a little flooded -- however the owners went out of the way to warn me in advance, give me some tips, and then made sure the room was spotless the next day.

So even against all odds, they still provided excellent service! They were always incredibly friendly. Breakfast was quick every morning, and the room was always wonderfully clean. The bathroom was very very small though, so larger persons (wide or tall) might have trouble using it. The locations is not too far off the beaten path, but it's very quiet at nights, so it's easy to get a good rest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very well located with very nice rooms and a good and warm. Highly recommended. I went with my partner in carnival and we felt very comfortable, Marco treated us very well and has been very kind. We enjoyed this beautiful city, probably the world's most bellla.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Reviewed December 1, 2012

we are arrived at the hotel little bit late and lost the ways in the beginning because hotel position is small street but in the day if you already know the street it is great area for sleep not noisy and charming. internet work well also good service in the morning with breakfast in your room.we stay first room that some time we can hear people walk past too.i thinks the best is back side a bit better because near the canal.from the hotel you can walk to visit very easy and not hard to find.we like here a lot.

Room Tip: room 2 fl and back side
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thanthan
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 6, 2012

You let yourself in to this place via buzzing at the door to Marco, the key is on the desk, we didn't meet him until the next day, he and his wife were very pleasant and helpful. I would suggest if you can to get a private boat to here , we did on the way back to Venice airport was so much easier and a great view too. This was adequate for a short stay, you might want to stay in a larger place for a longer period. We had a lot of luggage , you just need to be aware where you might be placed, we stayed downstairs which we were very grateful of as the stairs up were very winding steep and narrow, was small and quite dark, but close to most things. Breakfast was very adequate, we had to leave early to get our private boat to the airport , they graciously came earlier to give us breakfast

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leighb_12
Saratoga NY
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very clean and quiet hotel. Yes you check yourself in, but it is simple and straightforward. Bathroom was tight but very clean and efficient. Breakfast was served in the room and very good. Excellent location near everything but just far enough away to be relaxing. Thanks Marco!

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We checked in also by buzzing at the door and finding our key on the desk. We didnt have a bath and shower is barely big enough for my partner to outstretch up onto his elbows. We too are on the bottom floor, and the room is very dark and dusty. I had allergies from the amount of dust and lack of cleanliness which I haven't had in the last 3 weeks of travelling. When I mentioned this they told me it was the humidity. This is ridiculous as when I'm outside in the humidity I'm fine, only when I enter this room!
I also booked a tour and needed to use a printer. I was looking at the printer they have in reception and when I asked if I could use it I was told 'no!'. Any other hotel would have these services available, or would let you use it. So now we can't check into our flight online because we don't have a printer to print our boarding passes on.
We decided to stay here as it's quoted as 'just meters away from st Marco square'
which is true, but they dont mention that to walk you need to cross academia bridge, which is in the opposite direction so I find this misleading. I would not recommend this hotel, horrible decor and moldy bathroom!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Mcj15159
Arrowtown
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived we pushed door bell and a voice over intrcom said go inside and your key is in envelope with your name on it, that was check in! We were on the ground floor room opposite reception desk. Room was comfortable a little smaller than used to. No coffee making facility at all. Bathroom could of been cleaner a little mouldy. Breakfast was good great to be able to ring through when you are ready. The second day when we were going out another guests pass ports were in the bowl at reception the owner asked us for our passports but gave them straight back to us. The shower was really to small if you drop soap you had to open door to be able to bend and pick it up.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple