“Good value for price”
Review of Dolomiti Hotel

Dolomiti Hotel
Ranked #260 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Our family of five was happy for price / quality ratio. We had two rooms with, breakfast, toilets in the corridor, 150 eur together. Rooms are basic but ok. Clean, good location, friendly, can be recommended.

Hotel is near grand canal and railwaystation, location ok.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank peter_homefield

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visiting Venice is 4th time for me and 3rd time for my wife Priscilla and first time for our friends from Malaysia visiting Europe. I booked 2 double-rooms and the hotel is situated about 50 meters from St. Lucia train station & another about 50 meters to Pizzale Roma bas station. The location is good in terms of visiting Venice as it`s near to many restaurants and boat-busstops. Only disadvantages for this hotel are:mosquitos come in when sleep with open windows at night because there`s no air-con and moreover there`s no elevators,so when we got the 2 rooms at the highest floor,one needs to have good stamina. If one has bigger lugguage,I don`t recommend this hotel unless you have negotiated in advance for a room on 1st floor. Breakfast is okay. For budget travellers or back-packers are okay for this hotel but for families or older people or big lugguages, I should recommend another hotel if possible. On the whole,the rooms are clean,toilets and bathrooms are okay besides those setbacks. Bear in mind,it`svery hot in Venice during summers and they have only fans in the rooms.

Room Tip: Read the reviews of other travellers before one books a hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank LaiMS54
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place might fly under the radar but it was clean, reasonably priced, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were quite comfortable, with A/C. No fridge in the room, but they let me put a bottle of wine in the kitchen fridge to chill. Very close to the train station, and easy access to cooler neighborhoods of Venice that are a little less touristy (not totally escapable anywhere in this city, of course). Not a luxury place, but everything you need. Cute little breakfast room and courtyard. Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank L R
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Wonderful hotel, rooms are neat & clean. Service is great, very friendly & helpful.
This hotel is close to the train station which is a plus when you are just getting to the city!

This is in a more quiet part of the city, but the water taxis an vaparettos are close-by so it is easy to get around.

I would stay here again & recommend it to my friends.
The only thing missing is a small refrigerator, but they do have a vending machine with water & soda.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We came there at about 22:00 since we missed our train (which meant that we "had" to stay another day in venice :)). The receptionist told us that since it's already late the price is reduced to 90 euros for a double room. Later, after checking the prices at home we found out that these are the normal prices of the hotel, certainly not a discount and we even paid 5 euros more then the prices in the season. However the receptionist WAS friendly.
In the room it was terribly hot (more then the outside!) and since there is no air conditioning in the rooms we really suffered. Another bad thing are the noisy doors of the rooms, which slam automatically and therefor it woke us up during the night.
We didn't try the breakfast...
Since the night before we stayed in a different hotel, for 110 euros I highly recommend to look for a different hotel. I'm sure you can find a better one at the same price, and even if you have to spend 20 euros more- do it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jaron M
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I really hated this hotel, for 3 main reasons.

1. On the first day of our trip, I sat on the first floor stairs waiting for my boyfriend to run back upstairs to get something we had forgotten from our room. From where I was sitting I could see the man behind reception pick up two pieces of luggage that some guests had asked them to keep for a few hours, and throw them into the corner of the room, literally threw them really hard against a wall, then he heard jingling (i also heard it too) from one of the bags, a back packing rucsack type bag, I then saw him proceed to unzip the top pocket of the bag and remove two hand fulls of coins and a couple of notes, he stole from the bag.

At this point my boyfriend came back, so I jumped up and went down, when the man heard us coming he scurried to another room and I actually heard him put all the coins down, then come back and welcome use.

2. The second issue was with the same man, I was buying two drinks from the vending machine, each was 1.50 euro, I put 3 Euros in, got one drink and then the machine swallowed the rest. That was fine, I thought the man would just give me another drink. Instead he said "Just put another 1.50 Euro in and you'll get a drink!" I said that I had already paid, and that he should fix it or open up the machine or something, he came back with "well it is not my machine". The guy has the worst attitude I have ever experienced in a hotel, we nearly came to having a full blown argument. I told him it wasn't my machine, it is in his hotel, it has taken my money and I want a flipping drink, after 10 mins of arguing he put a Euro in and gave me a drink saying "great, I'm down 1 Euro, enjoying your lovely drink" in the worst, sarcastic way. Idiot.

3. No Air-con. I realise this might be because the building is old, but it was so hot in Venice that the one fan that was provided was not sufficient, we had to leave both windows open and proceeded to be bitten approx 20 times each my mosquitos.

Overall, the room was clean, big and OK, pretty basic. The guy that was stealing and just a general loser was around 50, white/grey hair, stocky built. I dont want him to be mixed up with a slim man of a similar age with dark grey hair who was kind.

Room Tip: Do NOT leave your luggage in this place after you check out
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank charlotteakelly
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Because we were traveling with heavy bags and were tragically only in Venice one night we needed something super convenient to the train station and this is right around the corner. Our room was exactly as requested with a double bed and two singles. AC worked fine once I found the controls on the wall. Nothing fancy, but it was scrupulously clean. I was ill and spent part of the night on the floor near the toilet so any deficiencies in that regard would have been glaring.

The airline had lost some of our luggage and front desk staff was really helpful in trying to regain it (the bags were delivered late that night). The man who checked us in also helpfully explained the vaporetto system. It may have helped that I speak Italian but all the staff was very nice. They even found the converter plug i accidentally left in the room when we checked out and put it with our left luggage. Breakfast is nothing special - croissants and rolls, coffee, juice. The price to value ratio is distorted in Venice but for our needs Hotel Dolomiti was just right.

• Stayed: June 2012