“Private Family Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 210 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Bakersfield, California
“Private Family Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

As an annex to the Bauer Hotel the Bauer Casa Nova is right across a little Passageway with your own private entrance. You are eligible to all the wonderful services of the Bauer, but have the Privacy of a rented appartement. We rented 3 rooms, all of them were very nicely made up and had a wonderful marble bath. One of the rooms was a attic room and had a little balcony on the roof top, with a wonderful view of the tower on San Marco place. The breakfast is taken on the canal view side terrace and a wonderful start to a perfect day in Venice.

• Liked — Privacy of the rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank uTravelTheWorld
BauerHotels, Responsabile reception at Bauer Casa Nova, responded to this review, November 29, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Bauer Casa Nova. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay and in particular the experience of breakfast and attention to detail given by our team.

we look forward to welcoming you back to The Bauers on your next visit to Venice.

Kind regards,
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2006

The Casa Nova extension of the Bauer is like having your own home in Venice. The room was beautifully decorated with all amenities, luxury linens, good lighting. The bath had shower and tub in marble. The location was perfection. Easy access from the airport and near a vaporetto stop, too. Close to Piazza San Marco, Prada, little cafes and museums.

Our view was onto a small street and our room was whisper quiet except when the enchanting bells rang in the neighborhood church tower.

Service in Casa Nova was the super, friendly staff, best canalside cafe for Grand Canal watching.

This was our first trip to Venice, and Casa Nova will always be our home there. We stayed three nights before departing on a Seadreams Yachtclub cruise.

• Liked — Private club atmosphere with cafe on Grand Canal
  • Tips/Secrets — The Casa Nova is a fraction of the price of main hotel, and really a better experience. Like having a private home.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank UpscaleTraveller
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Bauer Casa Nova.
It gives us great pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. We are immensely proud of our heritage and take great care and attention to offer our guests the highest level of service.

We hope to see you again at The Bauers on your next visit to Venice!

Best regards,
Branford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2005

Firstly, I need to mention that I am new to TripAdvisor, and, although I have traveled a fair amount, throughout the US, this was my first trip to Europe. I was invited to speak at a Conference in Naples, and was able to turn it into a week of pleasure/business, with my wife. Her only request was that we get to see Venice.

After a lot of recommendations, from friends, family and reviews, I decided to fly into Venice for a couple of days, followed by spending the remainder of the trip in Naples (taking day trips from there). My next job was to find a hotel, without spending the house. It became clear that Venice can be one of, if not, the most expensive city in Italy; also, that standards for hotels are VERY different in Europe, as compared to the US.

A strong recommendation was given for the Best Western Ala, which TripAdvisor members highly regard. I, however, chose to go a different route. After extensive research, I became aware of a new addition to the Bauer hotels, an annex, called the Case Nova. It is the third wing, recently having undergone a complete renovation/conversion (April, 05). I understand that it was a private home, purchased for this purpose. The other two 'hotels' are the Bauer (5 star) and the Il Palazzo (5 star L), all three sharing the reception area, bar, resaurants, etc. Yet, the Casa Nova was markedly less expensive (E220/night), as compared to the near (E1000/night for the il Palazzo).

One reader has left a positive response, and despite the recommendations for the Ala, I decided to take the chance, and stay at the Casa Nova, with the much shorter referrence list. Using there online reservation, I took one of there standard rooms. Without a real description, I was actually concerned that this may be more of a B&B, European style, without individual bathrooms, so e-mailed the hotel. I got an prompt response (1-2 days), to the contrary, explaining that each does, in fact have individual bathrooms (WCs). We then asked if a third night would be available, however, was not. The remarkable thing was that a month or so later, I received an e-mail, from the hotel, asking if I still needed the third night, because it was now available (when has that happened?)!

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with our decision. From the moment we arrived, we recognized a real find. The staff is pleasant, very helpful and knowledgeable. Even though we were staying in the annex, we never felt as if we were inferior or less deserving of their time. The Concierge, although sometimes questioning of my requests, worked to assist my whenever needed (even calling my hotel in Naples, to confirm my reservation).

The room was more than sufficient size, despite hearing that most of the hotel rooms in Italy were tiny, frequently only slightly larger than the bed. The bathroom was beautiful, and large, with marble throughout. Unusual, I am to understand, were separate tub and shower. Location is perfect, only a short walk from Piazza San Marco, and shopping right outside the door (Prada, ..., and an American Express Service Center). The only thing you give up, is the window overlooking the canal. Instead, ours overlooked one of the hundreds of quaint 'streets' that make up Venice.

As I stated earlier, we couldn't have been happier, and will bestaying at our 'FIND'. I have already told as many people, as I could.

22 Thank ereiner
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of The Bauer Casa Nova. Your feedback is highly appreciated as it is valuable in improving our services and ensuring each guest experiences a seamless stay.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the unique position of the hotel and our luxury rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you to The Bauers in the next future!

Best regards,