We, wife and two children aged 10 and 12,have just returned from a 5 night stay at this brilliant residence. We caught a private water taxi from the airport, expensive 135 euro, but so worth it, the ride in through the main waterway and under the ria rialto bridge is wonderful and you are dropped off directly at the hotel enterence, we did the same back to the airport as we had to leave at 430am and it took 20 mins and also well worth it. We stayed in 503, the top floor and the view over the rooftops was spectacular, becuase its also not on the waterway extremely quiet with the windows open all you hear are the birds and church bells. The apartment is huge and well maintained, a full kitchen, we did not opt for the 50 euro extra for all the equipment, but had use of the fridge, microwave, sink, kettle cupboards and the supermarket is a 3 minute walk away so you can give the kids cereal and yogurt for breakfast and have some tea or coffee. We had our own room with a king size bed and the kids had a double sleeper couch in the lounge area, there was also a small third room with a single sleeper couch as well, there is also a TV with CNN and BBC news and over 100 channels of italian tv. The apartment was clean the bath small but the shower worked well and the beds and linen comfortable and warm. The hotel is well positioned, 2 mins from St Marks square and loads of restuarants around, the shopping is also good. The staff was extremely helpful and curteous at all times i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. There is a vending machine for water and coldrinks, 1 euro for water, it also has biscuits and chocolates and a coffee machine 80 cents that dispensed coffee cuppacino, hot chocolate and various other delights in the foyer, there is no eating facilities but the hotel accross the way had american breakfast for 10 euros pp and kids under 8 for free, there is also a hardrock cafe close by but very expensive, burgers 16 euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice