My traveling companion and I require separate sleeping accommodations and that can be costly in an expensive city like Venice, unless you are fortunate enough to discover Residence Corte Grimani. Although classified as a hotel, the former palazzo is all apartments, of varying sizes. The front desk is staffed 24/7 and is very helpful with restaurant recommendations. We chose one of the largest on the fifth floor, which had an enormous king-sized master bedroom, a spacious living room/dining area with a comfortable pullout queen couch, a small corner kitchen and two separate, good sized modern bathrooms with high-end amenities. The free Wi-Fi worked just fine, providing you understand that Italian connection isn’t rapid fire like in the US. The windows overlook a small canal and it is enchanting to watch and listen to the gondoliers gliding past. If it’s all about “location, location”, ideal is the only appropriate adjective – a three minute walk to St. Mark’s Square and the Grand Canal; five minutes to the Rialto Bridge. Imagine all this for $400/night; divided by two in our case…that’s significantly less than the better hotels…without the space or location! The hotel has small common rooms on the ground floor and some vending machines, but does not have a bar or restaurant – certainly not a hardship in a city teeming with both. We created our own cocktail hour, sitting by the canal steps with wine, and thoroughly enjoying the action on the water. Countless people took our photos from the gondolas, which was amusing, because we wondered if they thought us locals. My email communication with Donatella prior to booking was seamless; she responded quickly and graciously, even when I had to shorten the stay because of my error. I knew she was a consummate hotelier who understands hospitality and she demonstrated that repeatedly throughout our four day stay. Our sole regret was leaving. Meanwhile, my traveling companion is returning to Venice in a year and is booking with Residence Corte Grimani.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice