After the numerous good reviews on TA, we chose the Residence Corte Grimani, because of its location, the price and the apartment could take 4 of us. We decided not to cook in the apartment. Instead we went to the cafes nearby for breakfast.
We arrived by water taxi and the taxi guy knew exactly where it was so there was no need for a map. We arrived early morning and were greeted by the staff and checked into the room right away.
The place is close to San Marco and we covered most of the area by late afternoon. As the apartment was not that far from San Marco we went back to freshen up before dinner. The restaurant was recommended by the staff. The restaurant was packed, we had to queue for a table, but it was worth it. The food was excellent.
The next day we went to Rialto and looked around the fresh produce market and had lunch by the canal.
In the afternoon we went on the vaporettas and stopped off in a number of places and we even had time to fit in Burano, which was a brilliant place, with coloured houses and rather peaceful.
The Residence staff were very helpful especially to my mother and gave us a number of recommendations and tips. The staff booked the water taxi for us and it came on time and the staff helped us onto it as it was a bit of a struggle for my mother. By the way the wifi is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice