After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose it for a quick two-day stay in Venice. I booked a room with a view. When we arrived, the hotel upgraded us (free) to a suite with two bathrooms, a kitchen, a nice big bedroom, lots of closet and drawer space.
The location is wonderful. It is quiet, but very close to SO much. There are five or more ATMs close by; all kinds of shops; a great place for quick delicious food called the Snack Bar (that the staff at Corte Gremandi pointed out). The hotel is roughly equidistant to Rialto and San Marco (St. Mark's Square). Both of these places are stops on the public transportation system of water buses called vaporettos.
I met four different staff members over the course of my stay at the hotel, and each one was wonderfully gracious and helpful, and very knowledgeable. They explained the differences between the vaporetto and water taxi. They explained the options for getting to the airport (we came by train). The young woman cheerfully called and made reservations for a Vivaldi concert.
We spent one afternoon in our room longer than planned because every so often a gondola with musician and singer would pass by below. We would have gladly paid for such great entertainment! All we had to do is open our windows and look down. It was a highlight of our ten-day trip to Italy.
I had neglected to print out the map they had emailed to me. It is not easy to find the first time without a map, so if you choose to stay there, don't make the same mistake I did. Bring the map! Once you know where it is, it is very easy to find, and VERY convenient. It's just an amazing combination of being off the beaten path (by just a half block or so), yet right on a canal with gondolas passing by, and five minutes from St. Mark's Square, easy walking distance to Rialto, and ALL the various shops, restaurants, and concert venues in that area.
I would have never found this without Trip Advisor. I'm here to say that the other people who are saying great things about the Corte Gremandi are right on the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Nozio Netplan srl and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice