We were two adults (not a couple) so we took an apartment with one bedroom and a sofa bed.
I was concerned about what the sofabed would be like but it was big and comfortable and I've been on worse beds! No issue.
We asked for a room with a canal view, and we got it. Beautiful view.
Given that this place is a 5 minute walk to St Marks Sq and Rialto Bridge, has excellent views, has a very friendly and welcoming reception and is all round a lovely place to stay I think its rates are more than fair. In fact, if there is a better deal in this area then I'd be highly surprised.
If you want to stay in this area then book this place if it is available. Save yourself the hassle of investigating other options! And the EUR130 private water taxi from the airport is a splurge but what a way to arrive to the front step via the Grand Canal/Rialto Bridge!
One thing I will say is that I was obsessed with staying in this area thinking we needed to be close to St Marks/Rialto, but you end up doing so much walking anyway in Venice that in hindsight I don't think its that much of an issue to be on the other side of the Grand Canal - we walked around those areas too and they were beautiful as well and possibly a bit more "real" with less tourist trap outlets than the St Mark/Rialto areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice