Ca' Nigra Lagoon Resort
$315
$283
HotelsClick
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsoverlooking the grand canalrio marintrain stationhotel's gardenlovely hotelthe ground floorwatch the boatspastriesjunior suitepiazzale romafirst floorantique furnituresanta lucia stationwatch the worldmodern bathroomvery nice stayspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had the best suite with view on the canal and gardens. Fantastic but a bit noisy (neat the station and some rstaurants with music). True kindness of the attendants. Connection with the airport medium-easy. We spend what must be spent for a perfect stay but at the last minute, a lack of elegance or commercial attitude ruins our positive impression. The hotel didn't take in charge the additional 50€ asked by the taxi because THEY didn't understand the exact time we asked. Typical trap! But in anycase we recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PVG1180
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I don't normally write reviews and it has to be said it has taken me a while, but this gem deserves a mention. We stayed here in July 2012 and were suitably thrilled with our choice. Although close to the station it is tucked away off a quiet square, free from passing traffic. Its entrance is accessed through its own private walled garden. Has a beautiful terrace and gardens fronting onto the Grand Canal where we had our croissant and coffee every morning (watch out for the pigeons!). The staff whilst helpful, were very much in the background. This suited us as we don't like being fussed. I had a superior suite on the ground floor (the one with the circular bed). I was concerned that it would be noisy as it is close to reception but I was never disturbed; perhaps as the hotel only has a dozen or so rooms. It had a window opening out onto a side canal and double doors opening onto its own terrace at the back, with cafe style table and chairs. My teenage children shared the only twin room, which is quite modest and was across the hall to mine. The only negative would be that the wifi was weak and kept dropping out. Overall a truly unique boutique hotel amongst the overpriced, ubiquitous, dated opulence that otherwise line the Grand Canal.

Room Tip: I had a superior suite on the ground floor (the one with the circular bed). I was concerned that it would be noisy as it is close to reception, but I was never disturbed. It had a window opening out onto a side canal and it's own terrace with cafe style table and chairs. My teenage children shared the only twin room, which is quite modest and was across the hall to mine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel is near the train station, and except for the steps on the bridges and rolling luggage, very easy and convenient to get to. Likewise it is near to the commuter boats that can take you anywhere in Venice you want to go. It is not near S. Marco, but that was not a problem, getting to and fro anywhere in Venice is a marvel of sights.

Upon arrival, we were surprised to find the beautiful garden that surrounds the hotel including the trellis of roses which promenade from the gate to the front door.

The hotel is beautiful inside, including the rooms which have modern bathrooms and very comfortable. The room I stayed in for one night was off the main lobby and I could hear conversations from the lobby when i was falling asleep, so I put the towels and my luggage in front of the door and fell asleep with no problem. They should add some acoustical seals on the double doors.

Breakfast was delicious and graciously served in the small pleasant restaurant, we sat by the window and watched the boats go by.

The staff was friendly, helpful and as elegant as the hotel. They recommended a great restaurant nearby and were very helpful. Leaving to the airport by water taxi which picks you up at the hotel's boathouse was expedient and a great way to say good bye to Venice.

Room Tip: As charming as it is, avoid the first floor room in the Lobby unless door seals have been installed at the floor and around the doors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luis H
Reviewed February 19, 2014

From the title of this review, it is clear that we like this hotel. We have visited 3 times, always in February and find it to our liking.
The location suits us but some may find it a bit out of the tourist swim of things. But it is a short walk from the bus station in Piazzale Roma so it is easy to get settled on arrival. Though, like any new address in Venice perhaps a bit hard to find the first time.
The rooms are all different so you would be well advised to see a few, subject to their being available, before committing. Some are small, some in oppressive colours and so on. I am sorry that we had to reject the first 2 offered, one because there was no hanging space or drawers!---obviously not satisfactory for a stay of more than one night (I cannot imagine whose idea that was!)
Once settled it was very comfortable but more expensive than intended because we had to upgrade for a satisfactory room
It is delightful to have a private garden on the grand canal. The entrance through the garden always makes us feel good --like coming home to your own palazzo!
The breakfast is served in a pleasant room but is limited in variety, not uncommon in Italy, though it would not suit you if you need a Full English to face the day.
No complaints about the staff who all did their jobs as you would expect.
But why do hotels not show you the best room first and insist on putting you through the room choosing routine when all you want to do is unpack?
One more thing on which I must compliment this hotel, though they are probably unaware that they even do it. I am tired of the ubiquitous sign in the bathroom inviting you to actively demand clean towels every day. At Venice hotel prices of course I want clean towels everyday---even if it raises the temperature of the planet by 5 or 6 degrees. No such sign here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel was really nice, located in a nice quite courtyard in the Sestiere Santa Croce. We loved walking to and from this place although, location wise, we would advise people that we did the same walk to rialto/san marco every day and it may get redundant. The courtyard was really nice, however we were really disappointed with our room. We were on the ground floor, next to the reception and we could hear everyone at night it was quite annoying. Breakfast-wise, I have to agree with everyone, it's not really an expansive breakfast, but it's free, so take it or leave it.

Room Tip: Do not take the ground floor room, it's very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Traveladdict987
CaNigraLagoonResort, Direttore at Ca' Nigra Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Traveladd,
we thank you for your comment and for all the suggestion you gave us in order to improve our service. We hope you’ll come back to our property and we will be more than pleased to suggest you other routes to Rialto bridge and San Marco, as well as to show you alternative accommodations on higher floors.

Best regards